I love this project. If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for the car itself?
I spent $800 on the shell. It's pretty solid other than typical quarter fender rot and rot on the bottom of the front fenders. Most of the project has been done with used and salvaged parts. My total budget is $10k. I'm nowhere near that number now. I've actually lost track of how much I have into it, but I doubt I have more than $3,500.
Current project plans are to:
get my flywheel machined to accept the R154 setup
seat rails mounted up
cooling plumbing mocked or completed
intake/intercooler plumbing mocked up
install rear wheel bearings
balance shaft eliminator kit install w/ new timing set
and hopefully get started on making the new brake and hard fuel lines
I need to take more pics of the project. It has been slow going due to funds and lack of info. I currently have to go and get new brake calipers due to mismatch issues. Turns out turbo Z31 rear rotors need turbo calipers. They look the same, they just mount slightly differently. Also, the front SS brake lines I have only mount to turbo 2 piston calipers. I also have to get an adaptor made to fit the S12 front struts to the stock 510 lower control arms. The centering ring is slightly larger on the S12 units, but I went this route for 5 lug swap and bigger brake options. I can mount Z32/ R32 4 piston calipers without modification or customization on these struts.
I'll update more when I make some progress. Now I have to go back to teaching kids at high school.