Yearly update time! Still slowly but surely coming together. I have everything I need (knock on wood) now just to find time to put it all together and get it running again.
Built 6 bolt is installed, I pulled the pan and oil pump to check everything and found some gouges in the oil pump and the crappy stub shaft with no oil groove so new oil pump installed with factory BS elim kit. Timing components replaced, water pump and pipe as well. Everything else inside the motor looked good to go. Sticking with the HKS 264's, hoping that will help with low end/quicker spool with the auto.
The engine bay is a little more complete than this now actually, engine harness is in and fuel lines are in. Waiting on compressor cover to have a 90* elbow welded to it and 02 housing to have Tial vband flange welded on it.
Expo driveshaft, shortened, and Mighty Max carrier bearing installed. This allowed me to fabricate a mount easier, sense I was going to have to redo it anyway due to the front shaft being longer than a DSM. It is level across the mounting points and the holes are slotted so you can make minor adjustments.
Holset oil drain setup, 3rd and best version I've come up with. Factory Holset return cut and rewelded to drain the direction I need, -12AN return at the pan.
My solution for gauges and cluster. My factory cluster fell and broke the stock front plastic and I had already previously modified it to hold two gauges. I decided to go a little further and this is what I came up with. My wideband gauge fits perfectly right in the middle. I am going to mount my other 2 gauges and the boost gauge in that area when I get the gauge panel in.
Driveshaft mount fabricated and installed under the car. I left room for adjustment up and down and side to side incase I need it later. Much happier with this driveshaft/mount solution than previous, hoping there will be no more issues.
Unpictured, I finished up some rear strut spacers to fix the angle issue and add a little more clearance. They aren't perfect but they will do what I need them to do so don't care. lol If anyone is wondering, Galant strut mounts are the correct spacing for the mounting holes on a CSM.
Auto rearend is swapped in and everything is back installed.
Maybe by the end of the year it will be running again.