4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 23 Next
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 5:57 pm 
Because Race Car

So do you think you'll be able to drive it to the shootout this year? Your progress is inspiring!

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:09 pm 

Quote:
So do you think you'll be able to drive it to the shootout this year? Your progress is inspiring!
No way possible, not as slow as I work. Plus I'd like to put a few thousand trouble free miles on it before taking off on a 1k + mile road trip.

Also I forgot to mention. I sold my engine to Canada4g63 a few months ago. I got this wild idea in my head that I was going to do a sohc 4g64 na swap on the car and just leave it fwd so I posted my engine on a local board and it was gone in no time. Then a few weeks later reality hit me and I knew that I wouldn't be happy without a boosted engine under the hood, then I realized I wouldn't be happy with a boosted engine and no traction so here I am without a power plant.

I would like to find a 6 bolt 4g64 block and do a dohc head swap now. I have plenty of work to hold be over with fabbing up mounts though. I have a spare na 4g63 block and an awd tranny case for mockup. I'm sure one will pop up in the yards eventually.

Quote:
I always look forward to updates on this project! Can't wait to see the rear end bolted up.
Thanks man! Also, thats funny because I have gone back through your build thread several times over the last few weeks looking for ideas. About time for some updates, hint hint.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:30 pm 
Because Race Car

I feel like I don't even know you anymore!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:25 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:

Quote:
I always look forward to updates on this project! Can't wait to see the rear end bolted up.
Thanks man! Also, thats funny because I have gone back through your build thread several times over the last few weeks looking for ideas. About time for some updates, hint hint.
That means a lot thanks! If you have any questions let me know.

It is about time for an update, I'm still working on it but I have had some money issues holding me up.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:46 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Also I forgot to mention. I sold my engine to Canada4g63 a few months ago. I got this wild idea in my head that I was going to do a sohc 4g64 na swap on the car and just leave it fwd so I posted my engine on a local board and it was gone in no time. Then a few weeks later reality hit me and I knew that I wouldn't be happy without a boosted engine under the hood, then I realized I wouldn't be happy with a boosted engine and no traction so here I am without a power plant.
You sold the engine that was earlier in this thread? The one I could eat off of? Please tell me you didn't!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:14 am 

Yeah man, I'm afraid so. I already have plans dancing around in my head for the next build/color scheme on everything though so no worries.

You guys have to realize, I do this for a living. Even though its a lot of work once I'm done with an engine I can easily do another one. I knew I wanted to do the awd swap and my engine was just sitting there covered in my little 10 x 10 work shop. With nowhere to keep it and fear of it getting damaged I figured I'd try to unload it and then start on another one once I got to that point.

As far as the car goes, the rear subframe is still on the hoist behind it. I'm sure you guys saw my other thread and I have been having a lot of health issues lately. Working on the colt, sadly is the very last thing on my mind these days. I need to get my body healed and my thoughts in order before breaking out the grinders and welder again :lol: .

This is not the end though, this car will run again I promise. I am that determined.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:41 am 
CSM Junkie

Well there is no doubt that you know what you're doing with these vehicles. From my stand point I've been waiting since 2004 to get my colt on the road and if I had put that much time and effort into my engine there is no way I would let it go. But thats me. The good news is I've finally started ordering parts for it, so the wait may soon be over.

On a side note its not good that your health is under attack man. Do what you have to do to get well man first and foremost.
The car will be there waiting for your when your back at 100%.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:36 pm 

After realizing that we knew each other I had to read through your 21 page build thread & I was speechless until I saw you sold the motor....ahhhh!!! I know your do this for a living but so much time & effort into that motor! Sorry to hear about your health, hopefully you are in better shape now. I wish I knew you were building that motor when I still lived in NC, I would have definitely made a trip out your way to hang out for a day and check it out. I saw you mention a 4G64 block before...I have to say a 4G64 with a 14b or small 16G would be a ridiculously fun setup...full boost under 2500rpms!! haha...Looking forward to more updates sir, I'm sure you will be seeing me more on here... :supz:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:25 pm 

Thanks man, I'm doing a lot better these days and taking better care of myself. If you are ever in the area again be sure to pm me and we'll meet up.

Like I said, plans changed with the car and I really didn't have anywhere to store the engine without it being in my way. Now summer time is here and progress is slowing yet again so who knows when it'll be done? I did mess around with one of the wheels. I started with 180 and worked through about 7 different grits all the way up to 2000. Then I buffed the lips with a polishing wheel and some compound. Now I just need to do the other 3 :lol: . Then paint them white and clear them. I also found a nice deal on some tires, 215/40/16's, $260 shipped for a full set.

I was also browsing around a new yard last week and found a little turbo suzuki hatchback. I snatched the oem sideskirts in hopes of making them fit on the colt. They are very close and just need a little work. I still have the door moldings from a 91 Galant GSX and I want to take the two and make a nice looking kit for it. Who knows how it will turn out?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:01 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Keep up the good work! :yawinkle:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:10 am 
Some call me a god

your health is most important. Here's rooting for one of the good guys :D

Hope to see more progress soon on your car!!

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:04 am 

hit up craigslist. under Los angeles. there is a 6 bolt 4g64 block for sale. search dsm it will come up.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:58 am 

Thanks for the offer but I could snag one local for what shipping would cost me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:38 pm 

Oh alright yea i figured i just let you know. Since I seen a post above saying is hard and u wish u could find that set-up...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:33 pm 
Because Race Car

Hey Chris are you going to let those fancy new tires sit around and dry rot or are you going to make some marks on the pavement? :D

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 23 Next