4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1012 Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:55 pm 
Some call me a god

That looks so good man. I am definitely building the tubular lowers for my Galant.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:03 pm 

Btw I know you were worried about the swaybar mounts Shaun. I "tested them" for you lol. With one side all the way up and on a jack stand i was hanging almost all of my weight on the other side. And there was no movement at all. So I have faith!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:38 pm 
Some call me a god

I was curious if the rubber on metal would cause binding when the sway tried to flex and move in those rubber bushings. But after more thought on the matter I realized the front sway bar is mounted in place with 1.5" rubber bushings that wrap completely around the bar and they operate just fine. So no more worries on my side man!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:36 pm 

So I went over and gave Josh@Import Image racing a little visit on Friday. Got myself an early Christmas present and they showed up yesterday! :D

BC Racing BR series coilovers!! 12kg front springs and 10kg rears!

Of course I was excited and had to get them on the car lol So I got the rears on and the car is back on her feet again! well the rear that is lol

Now these pics remind me I now need to do the fender wells lol So that should be next. Then more stuff from Josh!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:34 pm 
CSM Junkie

those look sick

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:03 pm 
Some call me a god

Geez my pants are so tight right now.... Awesome stuff man.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:51 pm 
CSM Junkie

I'm anxious for your impressions on those coilovers.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:18 pm 

Quote:
I'm anxious for your impressions on those coilovers.
Well so far so good lol I wont be able to drive it for a while but everything has fit perfect. only thing is the rears dont really go as low as I had hoped(all the way down in the pic) but I could always sag the spring to drop it a little more. also If you want it to go lower let me know and I could get you in touch with someone that can get a "ultra low" version that nobody else can get you.

I have seriously 9 friends with BC coilovers on all types of cars. nobody has ever had a problem and they ride perform excellent.

So I got home from work today And decided I had to do something to the car. So I went at it on the drivers rear wheel well. Alot more time consuming then I thought. I also can't breath and my nose is running like a motha****** from all the smoke and tiny peices of liner I ate lol But one side is done.

Sorry for the crappy quality pictures, they are from my phone.

As close to a before as I got( I get excite4d and forget to take pics lol)

All of the undercoating off.

All done, now only 3 more lol

And another update should be sometime this weekend.

And just because I can lol right about where it should sit. of course with camber and everything right it will be a little diff.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:50 pm 
Some call me a god

Those springs look to be the linear type. You could potentially go lower and have a variable rate spring if QA1 makes the right spring for what you want. http://www.jegs.com/p/QA1/QA1-Powdercoa ... 9/10002/-1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:51 am 
CSM Junkie

Not sure yet if them getting low enough will be an issue. They would be going on a Mirage, so the issue might actually be them being too short. This can be made up in either how I mount them, or by getting a custom slightly longer strut body. It might end up boiling down to which one is more cost effective. Car has a pretty good stance though!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:20 am 

Oh they should be good then, I could raise the rears a good 4-5 inches and still have an inch and a half in the body.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:48 am 

This is looking sick man. I can't wait to see the finished product. If you pay as much attention to the engine and engine bay this thing will be show quality when it's done. I know how you Florida boys do it. I lived in Tampa for 8 years and actually grew up there for the most part. I miss it SO bad but I can't get my wife and kid away from grandma and grandpa... :lol:

Caleb 3/17/12 8 lbs 15 ozs 20 inches

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:27 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
This can be made up in either how I mount them, or by getting a custom slightly longer strut body. It might end up boiling down to which one is more cost effective.
If you are doing the fabrication on the chassis yourself it would definitely be best to modify the mounting postion. The only cost would be in materials. A custom strut body sounds expensive but could, of course, be worth the money if they bolt directly onto the car...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:30 am 

Engine bay is offically painted!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got sick of waiting for the other guy(its been a little over a damn year), so I talked to a buddy Ryan and he said hell yeah and he came over and we went to town on it yesterday. It turned out perfect, way better then I would have expected. And I think better then it would have with the original guy. I chose wicked white from a 05 EVO instead of the summit white I was planning. Def a good choice, it is BLINGIN! See for yourself!

See that little black dot?

That is the only imperfection in the whole bay. And its a bug lol Landed as the first coat of clear was being sprayed, And now he is in there Jurassic park style lol. But its gunna be under the fender so it doesnt bother me one bit lol Kinda funny actually.

There is a lot of pics lol but there is a lot of excitement haha.

And for you painters, I used ALL Matrix products. The best sealer, base, and clear. I bought a Quart of each and could have done another engine bay with what we had left. might have needed a little more clear.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:44 am 

Looks awesome man! Now don't scratch that bitch up. 8)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1012 Next