4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:29 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:10 pm 
CSM Junkie

Well Took a few pictures of some of the things I've been doing.

Still got some left to do on the 2g 02 housing. but the main goal was to remove a lot of metal from that. and enlarge the path's Now I just have some smoothing to do.

And this was the reason for my horrible spool time. And eventually it wouldn't hold boost anymore went from 17-10psi in seconds

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:43 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Cracks like that and around the wastegate flapper hole are huge boost Killers, Especially in old turbos. They are hard to diagnose too. Good find though. I have a Mint 11B that I might throw onto my stock Colt GT, It may bring it back to life a lil!

88 Cummins Suburban
69 Cutlass convertible
78 Arrow G54B Swap, Celeste makeover. (MOD 2016 Veteran)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:21 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Cracks like that and around the wastegate flapper hole are huge boost Killers, Especially in old turbos. They are hard to diagnose too. Good find though. I have a Mint 11B that I might throw onto my stock Colt GT, It may bring it back to life a lil!

I've seen a lot worse with the exhaust housing. I ported the cracks as best I could. It's worth a shot to see how it goes. someone tried to re work the cracks around the waste gate and installed a larger flapper.

It almost look's like someone took heat to it in that one spot. Will see how it goes. I'll crank the boost till it hold's boost where i want it if there's an issue. eventually I'll find another housing for the small 16g and have two complete turbos. By then I'll sell the 14b But the 11b just needs a new housing other then that the fins are great no play and it didn't burn oil so if you know anyone who want's it I'll let it go for a 7cm housing or $50 bucks so I can have a chip burned.

took a few more pictures..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:43 pm 

Nice slicks! :lol:
I have a 14b water feed line with banjo bolt if you want it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:50 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:

Lol thanks for them I love um. There a really tight fit so i have to be careful how much i turn the wheel but I'll be able to handle it. lol 32 point turns everyone at the track is gonna be like damn this guy can't drive..

Yea man that would be sweet do you have both bolts I didn't get anything with my 14b or my small 16g kinda sucks between the two turbo's I figured I'd have something lol.

You know anyone selling some rear struts with upgraded spring rate like 200lbs or so and i want to keep the ride to stock level. I will drop the front an inch or so. Pretty much all that's holding me back is waiting on a throw out bearing so i can get the transmission in.

mean time I've been cleaning it up and everything else I can get to so when I go to take the motor out and rebuild everything I won't need to degrease it all. Just sand away. And paint the whole car. I might as well start stripping the interior and putting everything aside so when i do get ready to paint it's a quicker job. I will probably end up needing a lot of clips lol.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:52 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:

I only put one on for a pick and to check the fit to see how low i can go. It's to cold out to leave them on outside even lol there in my room next to a bunch of subaru part's.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:03 am 
Some call me a god

Looks good sir! Loving the slicks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:39 pm 
CSM Junkie

Got the trans set in today with a few bolt's then it started raining. Fun :toimonster: not really.

I went ahead and picked up a few gaskets for the oil drain from Mitshu and the coolant lines bolt's also got the clutch release bearing from there as the one advanced tried to sell me was a POS so it's all coming together finally. Injectors should be here on the 23rd so I should be able to make Lebanon for the 31st on Halloween.

Big question is should I run the street tires first then see what i get and compare that to a run on the slicks next year? I don't wanna change an axle in the cold at night. Or I could get the trailer ready and throw it up on that this way if anything breaks I can just tow it back and fix it whenever.

what do you guy's think I should do?

Options:

1:Street tires run for first time at the track with FWD

2: trailer the car on slicks and take a chance of breaking an axle on the first pass making the day worthless..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:30 pm 

Quote:
Got the trans set in today with a few bolt's then it started raining. Fun :toimonster: not really.

Options:

2: trailer the car on slicks and take a chance of breaking an axle on the first pass making the day worthless..
Well if it were me I would run street tires first to play it safe and also to be able to drive it sometime other than balls to the wall for a few seconds. Plus if u run good on street tires u know that you will do much better with the slicks. Just what I would do

2016 Ford Edge Titanium -2L.0T AWD Wife
facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:12 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Quote:

Options:

Well if it were me I would run street tires first to play it safe and also to be able to drive it sometime other than balls to the wall for a few seconds. Plus if u run good on street tires u know that you will do much better with the slicks. Just what I would do

My old man said the same lol I'll save the slick to play with on the street at first and see how the axles hold up. I don't have a diff lock so it's an open diff BTW.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:59 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Options:

My old man said the same lol I'll save the slick to play with on the street at first and see how the axles hold up. I don't have a diff lock so it's an open diff BTW.
I don't think slicks and an open diff would work well. Haha

2016 Ford Edge Titanium -2L.0T AWD Wife
facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:01 pm 
CSM Junkie

[/quote]

I don't think slicks and an open diff would work well. Haha[/quote]

I know this Lol. I might just sell them to buy a wide band I'll throw some snow tires on the front. :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:07 pm 
CSM Junkie

So I finished everything wiring the 2g MAF evo injectors. Moved battery behind passenger seat ran 4ga copper battery cables off the stock terminals and went to start the car no start checked codes and got ECU Comm Error.

Any idea's? I'm going to add another ground from the battery to the rear seat belt buckle and see what I get but everything seem's to be working good. besides it not running why I have no Idea The ecu worked fine before I got it from a guy it was like brand new rebuilt from motoguy's garage.

Ok NVM lol I was so excited I forgot to check the codes with the key on. So the real issue is I'm still getting code 41. And injector 2 still isn't working So It's ether the resistor box the harness witch is kinda stiff but look's good or the injector driver.

Time for some diagnostics fun times. If anyone want's to buy my 450's there still good.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:39 pm 
CSM Junkie

Well tested the resistor box that turned out good. Pulled the ECU witch I just put in over the summer and the cap's are fine but there is a part that doesn't look to healthy inside there. So I'm guessing I have a bad injectors driver for #2 injector?

Geez I just wanna hit boost again I'm gonna try to put the stock 1.6 ECU back in and see what I get even though it does have bad cap's worth a shot. wonder if it will start with the 2g maf and the evo 560's.

I should have kept that non eprom 1g ecu :( instead I sold it like a dip. I wanna put a AEM in this thing these stock ECU's seem to be junk.

Stock ECU is back in and it run's fine.

Both ECU's have bad cap's from what i can see.

the thing that get's me judging by the eprom chip it says E742 and looking at the ID table for eproms i found online it say's it's a 89-90 ecu But the tach was acting up and working only when it wanted to.

I'd hate to send the ECU to dan for new caps and socket chip and be stuck with injector #2 still not firing. Although I could add an external injector driver if that was the case. Humm..

Cheap AEM for a 90 where are you lol..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:39 pm 
CSM Junkie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKZRbeHzsBY

Took a small video what do you guy's think?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next