4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:52 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 407 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27 28 Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:55 pm 
Some call me a god

Got a few toys in today. The custom stroud window net came in, all the final pieces for my air/air oil cooler setup came in, the fan for the oil cooler came in and my fire suppression systems came in.

I am only going to post a picture of the window net today. I would rather have install pictures of the other pieces. I also need to get pictures of the LSR parachute. It is going to be mounted very soon as well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:28 pm 
Some call me a god

Got these back today.

The oil cooler is 10x13x2. It will have its own dedicated 7" fan. The fan is in the garage, I forgot to take a picture. The oil cooler and oil filter housing all had -10 fittings welded on. Of course I am going to be running -10 pushlok as usual.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:16 pm 
Some call me a god

I was able to put in a little time this weekend. I got a few things accomplished. I repaired the oil feed line and it no longer leaks. I also was able to mount the coolant overflow and relocate it. I no longer have a water leak from the hose that came off the thermostat housing. I mounted the oil cooler and oil cooler fan. I mounted the fire suppression systems. I mounted the handles and ran the cables. All that is left to do there is run the small tubing and hook up the fittings. Both bottles are now mounted.

I was also able to secure some more of the base plates for the roll cage with large bolts. This should make the SCTA and USFRA even more happy. Jason and Nick removed the other window for me as well last night. Came it nice and clean with the removal kit. I also picked up another 13ft of tubing to add some more to the roll cage.

The goal this week is to mount the parachute, plumb the fire suppression, do some more chassis welding, mount the window net and weld the other window opening screens. The only other thing I have to do is mount the oil cooler housing and run the hoses to the cooler. I will have to wire the fan for that in, but right now it is not important. That is about all the is on the plate for the moment. I am saving my pennies for the Racepak system. That is going to take a little bit to get the money together for that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:11 am 
Some call me a god

A lot of little things done in the last few days.

Parachute mounted, release handle mounted(just need to finish the welds), release cable ran for the most part, added two more bars to the roll cage. We might be adding one or two more before it is all done. Got all of the push bar stuff complete, Finished all the harness bars and harness adjustments. Did some more final welding on the roll cage, added bolts to the remaining floor pads that needed it. And a few other odds and ends.

And spent about an hour last night with a MIG welder for the first time. Some pretty welds, some ugly welds, but all in all, I am happy I finally got to try it, now for more time to develop a techinique and consistency. I am not sure why I was ever afraid to try it. But excited non the less about it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:23 pm 

Steve u should just buy a 200mph car and say u built it seems to work for every one else here :butthead:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:11 pm 
Fastest On The Site

huh... someone seems bitter that they still drive a slow car.... I'll be at the track lets meet mono e mono pal. You gonna get knocked out

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:51 am 
Some call me a god

A little closer. A few more little things done. Most notable is the window net stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:11 am 
Fastest On The Site

there sure is no way that you could fly outta there now, huh! lol what material is the metal mesh?

is that mesh required for 200mph? or that just additional saftey?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:24 am 
Some call me a god

It is required to run a full door net. Or some sort of equivilant to contain your person inside the roll cage. The rule was put in place after two people had horrific crashes and passed away. One guy's door came off and his body came out of the car and he was crushed. The other's arm came out and was cut off n the crash. He bled out before making it to salt lake.

No idea on the mesh. I was looking at the scrap yard for a thick chicken wire. I came across this after not finding what I wanted. They had a huge stack of this stuff. It was five bucks for two huge sheets of it. The idea is to stay n the car with all my body parts if something were to happen.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:33 am 
Fastest On The Site

LOL. heard that. can anyone go race on the mile? if I have my cage, and other saftey shit for bandi, will they let me run if I dont know what speed I'll do?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:48 am 
Some call me a god

Texas is now limiting people to 190 if you don't have a roll cage. You still have to have a helmet and fire suit. Maxton enforces all SCTA rules. So you better come prepared there. Mojave is fairly close to SCTA as well. But for now you might be able to slide by.

They have cars that can't even do 100 race the mile. Anyone is welcome to any event from what I have seen.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:16 pm 
Some call me a god

Future aluminum rod ass kicking motor.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:39 am 
Some call me a god

I had a busy weekend for work. But got a few more things done.

Finished the oil cooler install finally. all that is left there is wire the fan into the switch. I also had to go to the junk yard and get some fenders and some tail lights. We threw them away after the fire. We needed the tail lights as we are mounting the cable for the parachute to the passenger tail light. It was going to be a pain to to try and make a steel plate for the rear lights. And we needed fenders so we have something to mold the 1 piece front end off of. We came to the conclusion it was going to be too hard to lay fiberglass to nothing.

I also picked up a set of dsm 5 lug front hubs. As well as the calipers and associated brackets. This is to meet the mandated SCTA rule that ALL cars must use a minimum of five lug nuts for the drive wheels. I thought about modifying a set of four lug wheels to accept a total of six lugs, but rules also require 1" open ended lug nuts. And they just would not have fit on the hub of the wheel. We will address the toe issues accordingly.

I think there was a few other things, but that was mostly it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:09 pm 
Some call me a god

Oil cooler install looks good Steven. What brand cooler is that?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:11 pm 
Some call me a god

Modified siliconeintakes.com

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 407 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27 28 Next