Wow, I haven't updated much since I got the car running and running pretty well I might add.
Ride height is just where I want it and the car doesn't dip, ground out on speed bumps and my exhaust no longer hits on the solid axle as I go over big bumps or take long sweeping corners. In fact, long sweeping corners and tight maneuvers are just what I now seek out as I get a feel for the car.
The Dunlop Direzza DZ102 205/50 R15 tires hold really well and so far, I haven't pushed the tires to their break-loose point but off ramps and round a bouts be damned, because it feel like I am driving a much newer car with better geometry; albeit not a completely new car like an Audi, but you get the drift. No, no drifting with FWD. Poor choice of words ....
The LSD really helps the front end to feel planted, but I couldn't tell you if an open front diff would do the same now, as I can only relay how the car feels with the Quaife ATB LSD. Front Galant VR4 rotors a getting the full squeeze with the Wilwood 4 piston calipers and suspected Porterfield pads (no idea what they are, as they have no labels and use a taller plate than the Wilwood versions I had selected in my head, but have not purchased as of yet.
Front end does like to pull straight under heavy braking ... not so much that I would say things are inducing pull to straight, but the phenomenon of having a slightly heavy front brake setup (3000GT master cylinder - check my main page for the correct part) provides a proper stiff pedal and lots of feedback. I jump into my Subaru Legacy Wagon (non LGT) and sometimes forget I shouldn't be deep braking ... but this is all at city main road speeds, so no harm done, just my own internal check mechanisms as I navigate the streets. These brakes come on strong when needed, and rear rotors help with this too.
I am running braided stainless/teflon lines from Technafit. The nice chappy I got on the phone at Technafit, provided me with a great set of lines to get my rear back together, and as I already got Technafit lines for the front with my caliper purchase from a fellow member/PO, I now have a complete setup. My rear flex hoses were suspected original and still in decent shape considering, but I have been wanting to change them for years, but always wanted to do the whole system and be done with it; such a stress to keep in the back of ones mind with all the other changes that had to take place. Much relief is felt now as a result of the product being able to be driven.
I'm not sure if the guys at Technafit have kept my rear line dimensions on file or not, but I did not get nor use their catalogue listing as he preferred to use a single piece line versus the two piece and the little metal squiggle tube in the center of each side. This meant a new routing, but also less change of leaking, while still taking roughly the exact same path. Suffice it to say that the line moved very little but the metal center sections are now in boxes downstairs. I have lots of boxes of stuff like this as time goes by, and all because I may need to keep them as spares or as reference as supply dwindles for replacement parts.
Okay, so I am learning ECMLink v3 and up until now have been taking a long time to digest everything. I have not touched it since it came out, and didn't get to use it much except a year ago before the radiator blew up, again.
So, setup consists of Link needing to see the 2G MAF, dial in the injectors (Rochester style injectors 780's see main page for company name) and had to add additional deadtime to them as STFT fuel trim was quite off.
I had no idea how to use the MAFCOMP ADJUST function, via the "selection based upon log" mode. Turns out you right click on your saved log screen (the graph with all the data coming in with the lines) and then you get a select the MAFCompAdjust function! That is how you get suggested white dots on your MAFComp screen!!! I was so confused and it was such a simple interface selection that I saw no reference to but was given clues to by Scott Lairds videos on YT, and just Link reading in general. So, my 3rd gear pull with my friend beside me, who got to see the engine operating in real time (she said that it was pretty cool to see the load tables and such in tracking mode) can finally supply me with some decent data point changes. Not much was requested for MAF slider changes, but that means it was pretty close. I was however, at only ~50 throttle which is strange because I could have sworn I pinned it, but maybe I was holding back ever so slightly. Time for another late night, cool weather pull and see how it goes. 3rd gear took me up to 130kmh at nearly 6KRPM (at the local dragstrip for anyone asking .... !) Wouldn't want to do that on city roads. **Disclaimer.