4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:09 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

as I understand it, the 1G & 2G 4G63 motor is almost the same. so why havent I heard anyone use the 2GT exhaust cam? if it cant be used, why not? just curious. :grin:

-vic

Post subject:
You can use the 2G exhaust cam. Specs in the manual are similiar to the 1G exhaust cam, not exactly the same. I have both here, I will spec them out (along with some others) one day this winter... it's on that list of things to get done somewhere along the line!

Post subject:
Some call me a god

help me understand this,

1g is from 90- 94, or 90-91
and

2g is 95-99, or 92-94??

im a little confused.

i found a few guys nearby with extra ex cams, but they are 92 talon turbo cams, will they work the same?!?!?!?

Post subject:
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

From all I've gathered, the 89-mid/91 cams have slightly higher lift lobes than the 4G61-T. The post/mid/91-94 are best to use because the lobes have higher lift than the previous (these have a C-stamp at the end of the cam, /tranny side). The 95-99s are better than the 89-mid/91s, are similar to the post/mid/91-94 (but are not known if they are better than them, /yet). All years above are from DSM Turbo manual trans. (if I left anything out, or I am mistaken, please let me know)
I just ordered a Ex-cam from M&S for $75+s&h (mitsu graveyard had it for $40 but only 89-mid/91s)

-vic

OFF SUB///
Drcolt2000; 1G DSM in general, refers to the 89-94 DSM, & 2G to the 95-99 DSM. The hide-away headlamps body design was for 89-91, & in 92-94, mostly the front & rear went thru a change, replacing the hide-aways with fixed headlight assemblies. In 95 the whole car was changed, & in 97-99 the front bumper (along with minor changes), & a diffrent rear wing came out.

Just for fun, the engineers at the Diamond-Star-Motors plant in Normal, IL. decided we DSMers needed a challange, a jig saw if you will, so they mixed & matched different parts here & there, everywhere they saw a nitch, even in the same production year DSMs :smile: & just to keep things interesting, they like to play gotchya! & change part numbers on us even today! those silly bastards! :smile:

92 talon awd turbo (winter)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MIRAGEDOHCTURBO on 2001-11-20 03:47 ]</font>