4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:52 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:50 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

It's T-belt time again and I've been out of the car scene for a few years now so I'm out of the loop. I was going to get everything from Extreme PSI but I don't see the 4G61t timing belt on their site. I emailed them but they just said its all on their website. I would call a local Mitsu dealer but I'd expect their prices to be outrageous.

Where are you guys getting your 4G61t OEM timing belts these days? Or are you just running whatever brand the parts stores can get? I'd rather stay OEM if I can. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:28 pm 
Some call me a god

I run Gates idler pulley, tensioner pulley, timing belt, and Water pump. No issues on the numerous (20+) engines I've either serviced or rebuilt. But ALWAYS run a OEM hydraulic tensioner!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:59 pm 

I stopped by Napa today and they showed a Gates belt but said they can no longer get it. Only timing belt Napa could get was some brand I never heard of, Altrom and it was $33. Just makes me nervous because I thought I remembered the OEM belt being around $60-$80 or so.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:49 pm 
Some call me a god

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/dodg ... +belt,5716 Rock Auto is your friend.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:25 pm 

Quote:
Holy cow, the Gates one is $9 and they also have one as cheap as $3? I believe you but that sure doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. I'm running custom 10:1 pistons, trusting a $3 or even $9 timing belt doesn't give me a warm fuzzy. :D

I found these places online. Anyone used these OEM guys before?

OEM Mitsubishi.com MD199418 for $82
http://oemmitsubishiparts.com/1989-mits ... 00030.gif/

Mitsubishi parts wharehouse MD199418 for $78.50
https://www.mitsubishipartswarehouse.co ... parts-scat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:29 pm 
The Silent Administrator

That is using the OEM number you supplied, amayama does't populate, but PartSouq does, but with Mitsuboshi belts (They are OEM suppliers to Subaru and Hyundai/Kia amongst others.

https://partsouq.com/en/search/all?q=MD199418

Partsouq using a 93 Elantra 1.6L and that car using this part number 2431233060

Click me $91.25 and three left.

Those are your choices from AE and AE/Japan.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:36 pm 
The Silent Administrator

I run nothing but Mitsu stuff on my 4g63 but my Subaru (2.5NA) just got a Continental complete rebuild kit for water pump/belts/pulleys and most of the same pulleys are used GMB, etc as are in the Mitsu kits. If you can get the original Mitsu labelled belts, get it, but most of the US sites will populate part numbers to click bait you and just tell you they are no longer available when you place the order and they find out it isn't there afterall. I like Partsouq and Amayama because they list in stock or percentage likely of stock, respectively, so as to appease your thought process as you order. I will pay more for less hassle and the guarantee I am getting a genuine part plus duties and shipping, which are almost always a thing to get parts to Canada. Our in province parts guy that retired, has prices that are way over the top, like triple what buying overseas is worth after fees etc, so I have been importing for the last few orders, exclusively. More on the way as I type this!

I used nothing but Mitsu belts when I built my 4g61t also, but just be sure you are getting a 151 and not 153 tooth belt. I don't think you will have an issue using factory Hyundai stuff, as they kept the same motors alive ... Also, don't forget about quizzing JNZTuning as they help support a massive base of DSM/CSM/Galant fans! Their site was recently down, but they can be just a phone call away if it still down.