4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:56 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:02 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

I decided to take some guess work out of the ever elusive 4G63T harness connector, known as A-52 in the DSM FSM, I commonly see questions about this connector, but few people ever answered what it's wire functions are, to be fair the answer I see is always to the effect of "It goes under the 1g dsm fuse box :-?... ...the answer is below :hint my answer is not gonna be "they all go under a fuse box" :lol:.

Diagram below: If your looking into connector.

[#1 YB] [#2 LR]
[#3- ] [#4 R ]
[link to a picture of A-52 connector some picture links for visual reference: http://tech.mirage-performance.com/1GDS ... /_A52.html
www.dsmtuners.com/threads/the-1990-engi ... -152709639

#1: [YB] [yellow black wire][Note:some cars used a solid yellow wire for #1] This goes to power steering pressure switch, on the 4G63T power steering pump [keep or delete].

#2:[-] [LR] [Blue w/Red Strip] it goes to the dsm fuse box, for the Power window relay [you can delete this wire for 3G CSM use]

#3::[-] [no wires or pin]

#4: [R] [Red wire large] this wire goes to the radiator relay in the dsm fuse box [you can delete this wire for use in a csm]

So to dumb this down, and reiterate it all in English, pin #1 is basically all you need to splice into the 3G csm harness of A-52, as stated above, it's for the power steering pressure switch, if your intending to use the stock power steering pump on the csm, or a 1G DSM steering pump, and want to retain the idle up function [via the dsm ecu pin 5] you will need to splice it into the stock 3g csm power steering pressure switch wire, it's a blue w/white stripe wire on the 3g csm, and it comes off the stock 3g csm fuse box, the connector is A-07 in the 3g csm wiring manual, all of this is so that the car idles up when you put load on the engine to steer the car, some swaps will delete this all together, but If you want to keep it, it's up to you, All the rest of the wires can be deleted, for a cleaner look, and the connector A-52 can be removed from the harness entirely, I'm configuring a harness at the moment for use in my mirage, so thats why I decided to share this info here.

I might add more findings to this post as I go along.