4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:52 pm 

Alright so we would most likely be going with the 4G67 since it seems to be the cheaper option. I've been told the price of the engine vs. the 4G15 overhaul would be small.

Just a little bit confused if my tach and warning lights will work. Since i'm transplanting the entire uncut harness over, would they work? If not then what would I have to do to make everything work on the cluster? Would I also run into any problems by the fact we're using a originally automatic engine with a manual transmission?

The exhaust header that my mechanic has is 4to1, and is made custom. What effect would that do to the engine? I'll get a photo up when I can.

I'll most likely be going with a purple or violet but I'm not sure what color to make the wheels. I may keep the chrome belt line or paint it a complementary color to breakup the lines. The project is still a restomod so nothing crazy. Unique color to set it apart, bigger wheels to accommodate bigger brakes, stock body kit, better engine, better suspension, ect.

Might actually start a build log and ask questions there.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:45 am 

I have till Tuesday Morning Philippine Standard time to decide on a engine! I have 2 options..
4G67 N/A 6 Bolt = Japan Import was mated to a Automatic with 2 Months of warranty.
4G63 N/A 6 Bolt = From a Local Galant GTI but has absolutely no warranty.
4G63 N/A 7 Bolt = Japan Import from 'unknown' with absolutely no warranty.
I don't want the Local engines since I think they might have had a harder life in The Philippines so Japan imports it is. The guy selling the 4G63 7 Bolt engines claims "175HP" while the 6 Bolt at "145HP" ... How credible is his claims? He has a total of 5 4G63 engines, one of them 6 Bolt and the rest 7 Bolt. His engines are sort of cheaper than the 4G67 but has absolutely no warranty.

EDIT: Seller said the 7 Bolt engines are from the RVR.

The engines would also be started before the turnover of cash and engine.

EDIT2: What flywheel can I use? Can I use the 4G63 6 Bolt NA Flywheel and clutch on the 4G67 and 4G15 transmission combination? The 4G15 Transmission is a 5-speed manual but I'm still not sure about the model.

Or would it be better to modify the 5 Bolt 4G15 flywheel?