4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 6:00 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm 
CSM Expert

Ok,

Got the mirage all back together, crank the car over, it starts - revs go straight to 4k RPM, then drop like a rock and the car dies. SOMETIMES i can get it to idle, but then it sounds/runs like CRAP. Tried flipping the CAS 180 deg, its fine, plug wires are good. I have no idea what could cause this. Any help welcome! There aren't any air leaks, which is weird and I've run out of ideas. Everythings plugged in good, starter ground and battery ground are grounded to chassis. AFC disconnected or connected the same thing happens.

Post subject:
CSM Junkie

Just a guess, is a bad MAS or MAS connector. Greg

Post subject:

your cams may be off center, did you try adjusting them?

Post subject:
CSM Expert

Stock cams, timing is good. Tried leaving the MAS plugged in and unplugged it with the same results. Tried it with and without the AFC. Was able to pull a code 41 - injector. Changed all injectors, tried a new ECU and injector resistor. Same thing happening. Tried different CAS', changed ignition timing with little results. The car either goes crazy to 4k RPM misfiring along then way and then dying, or it idles EXTREMELY rough around 900 RPM then eventually dies. I also disconnected all the throttle body sensors with the same results, no change. Pullin' straws at this point. I'm going to check grounds because I tried to turn on my headlights and I lost all power (short) and somewhere along the line my 80A alternator fuse blew. I have a negative from the battery to the frame and a negative from the starter to the frame. I'm thinking I need a ground from the battery to the block. Maybe it's causing everything to go haywire. I'll keep everyone posted, in the meantime, keep shooting suggestions.

Post subject:
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Jason,

It really sounds like the firing order. Are you 100% that it is correct?

Post subject:
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Jason, stupid suggestion, but when I made my last FMIC I forgot to connect the bov recirc. tube back to the maf-turbo pipe.

It idled at around 4-5K, and would stall when I'd touch the gas.

Post subject:
CSM Expert

MAF pipe is fine, did a pressure test, all sealed, no leaks.

Logged the car, my ISC is stepped to the MAX (120steps) when the car is off, as well as when it shoots to 4K RPM. When it comes back down to 900RPM, the ISC is at 70 (70 is what my Talon is like at WOT) I pulled the ISC and tested it, all resistance is fine, and the ISC moves when 6V is applied to it. Anyone have experience with ISC's or any suggestions?

Jason

Post subject:
CSM Expert

Figured it out.. after a pressure test, it was determined that it was leaking from the new intake manifold gasket, strange. I ordered a whole slew of 1G parts from Rockville Mitsubishi. Well I got a 2G oil return tube and a 2G intake manifold gasket :smile: Fixed up the gasket and I was on my way. Few miles down the road my brand new ACT 2100 6-puck decided to break a tranny bolt and separate the tranny from the block 1/8 - 1/4" when the clutch is pressed down. Got the trusty Talon and towed the Mirage back and dropped the tranny and fixed its issues. Idle is still high now, 1000ish RPMs, BISS screw is all the way in. Sounds like I have a set of cams in the car. Am going to try and adjust the idle switch tomorrow.

Also, says the datalogger, my ignition timing at 1000RPM (idle) is 40 degrees! What's up with this?

And also, my datalogger (TMO) seems to lock up in the middle of a log. I have to exit out of the program and restart it. Any idea what is causing this?

Thanks,