4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:06 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:27 pm 
CSM Junkie

Ok so my car ran fine. Starter went bad, I waited two days after heavy rain to change

Starter changed, I tried starting and was rich!! 10.4-10.8. I checked plugs and #4 was wet with gas. all the rest were wet also, but #4 had the most gas over piston.

I drained the oil and oil/gas filled a 7QT container.

I replaced plugs and oil. I thought maybe the fuel entered oil overtime because bad plug? but tonight after finishing oil and new plugs. I turned key to on position, fuel pump primes. I hear a bubbling sound for the fpr.

I opened oil cap and smelled gas. I took out sparkplug #4 and gas was filled over piston. 1,2 and 3 also had fuel, but not as much.

I'm stumped the car was only in the on position, fuel pump primed. I never started, only in the on position.
How can the fuel enter and cover the pistons? The only way into head is the injectors. Bad injector shooting fuel, stuck open? what are chances this could happen with more one injector? The car ran fine two days prior.... I'm stumped please help

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:18 am 
2nd Banana

Stuck injector seems likely. Do you have another set of injectors you can try? Do you have a way to monitor your fuel pressure? You can pull the plugs out and crank the engine over to get all the excess fuel out of there, just be careful, because it could go old faithful on you and make a huge mess.

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:39 am 
CSM Junkie

255 walbro
fuel clinic rail, -6 full fuel lines to and back from tank to rail and fpr
jegs fpr....fuel pressure is 38....Theres a bubbling sound coming from there? Fuel pressure is 38 so fpr is good i assume? But I wonder why the bubbling sound?
560 injectors are in car... I have some stock 450's I can try... I thought I had them here when I moved some my tools. I just need to find them.

I've never had stuck injectors before. All new spark plugs are pulled again. The #4 is filled the most with gas. The other 3 cyclinders have gas also.

After changing oil and plugs, the cars only been in on position with fuel pump priming. I thought the injectors shoot fuel when cranking only? It's onlyin on position priming, So i hoping bad injectors? Wierd just happened two says after sitting..
what are chances more than one injector stuck open at once? Seems alot of fuel to enter without even starting.

After I figure why gas is entering, I'd most likely need change oil once again :(

thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:36 am 
CSM Junkie

Look the injectors drivers on the ECU board, maybe dead .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:33 am 
2nd Banana

Quote:
255 walbro
fuel clinic rail, -6 full fuel lines to and back from tank to rail and fpr
jegs fpr....fuel pressure is 38....Theres a bubbling sound coming from there? Fuel pressure is 38 so fpr is good i assume? But I wonder why the bubbling sound?
560 injectors are in car... I have some stock 450's I can try... I thought I had them here when I moved some my tools. I just need to find them.

I've never had stuck injectors before. All new spark plugs are pulled again. The #4 is filled the most with gas. The other 3 cyclinders have gas also.

After changing oil and plugs, the cars only been in on position with fuel pump priming. I thought the injectors shoot fuel when cranking only? It's onlyin on position priming, So i hoping bad injectors? Wierd just happened two says after sitting..
what are chances more than one injector stuck open at once? Seems alot of fuel to enter without even starting.

After I figure why gas is entering, I'd most likely need change oil once again :(

thanks
It could be a leaking injector, as opposed to a stuck one. If the fuel pressure is staying steady, that may not be the case though. If you had a leaking injector, the fuel pressure would drop, because it's losing all of its pressure through the injector.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:42 am 
CSM Junkie

It stays steady @ 38, but very slightly fluxurates down then up. Theres a bubbling sound coming from the fpr. ?

If it were a stuck injector would the fuel pressure remain the same?

Just wierd ran fine, starter issue, sat two days and now in only on position, it floods the piston heads.

I'll change injectors today so hopefully that's the problem.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:43 pm 
Some call me a god

Could the power transistor caused this? Just a thought, since all the injectors are tied to it...

However, my money would be on the ECU.

84 GMC K3500
85 Dodge D50 Diesel Swap
90 Mighty Max V6
89 Mirage Turbo
94 Mighty Max
99 Montero

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:09 am 
CSM Junkie

Rainy days with a bad antenna boot cable (on top of ECU location) had given me an wet ECU, believe me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:10 pm 
CSM Junkie

Ok,I found my stock 450's that I had wrapped nicely and then put inside one of my front brake line box. I left the sparkplugs out, cam angle sensor and throttle bodie sensor unplugged. I turned ignition on, fuel pump primes. I check the wells and no gas.

So i suspect everything is good so I put the spark plugs in and hook the two sensors up. I try to.start a few times. I pull sparkplugs and check..... All piston heads are filled up with fuel again....I dont think second time injectors would also be bad to fill up all piston heads with gas?

So next suspect is ecu? I've never had a bad ecu before...

Frustrated :(

(by the way, after the two days of rain it began seeming like died battery but isn't. Sometimes key on position and turn to crank the whole power shuts off. Takes a sec to turn on. I thought was my kill switch because i would turn switch on then off and power restored, but it isn't because i connected battery directly. I took it in to get charged thinking dead battery, but was good. I took home and connected it. The car acted like dead battery again, but then started.... I figured that was a seperate problem, but maybe it plays into the gas filling the piston heads to tip of spark plugs??

Sorry so long, just feeling down about this colt..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:00 pm 
2nd Banana

Know anyone with a spare ECU you can try real quick?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:48 pm 
CSM Junkie

Yea, I can ask a friend. I'll have to wait to drive out and get it tonight or tomorrow. I took mine down and opened it. Visually, I did'nt see any thing out of order, nor wet.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:50 pm 
2nd Banana

If the injector driver is broken you probably wouldn't see it just by looking at it. Throw that other ECU in there and see what happens.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:41 pm 

I only say this because of the bubbling sound to mu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:56 pm 

The bubbling sound is caused by to much pressure did the regulator go bad or the return line get clogged by any chance there shouldn't be any bubbling sound you should be able to hear the fuel flow smoothly..Or like the guys say ecu..?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:49 pm 
Some call me a god

Have you considered that your FPR diaphram could be ruptured, and gas may be filling the manifold via the boost reference hose? The dead battery symptom was probably hydrolock from all the gas in the cylinders.