4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:47 pm 
CSM Junkie

Ok, colt ran fine and one day starter fouled. so I must of over tightened the one bolt on the starter. Well, it finally broke off and seperated from the block. So two days after heavy raining I put my spare starter in. Well, I go to start and notice little fuel coming out one the exhast ports and some coming out exhaust, that ends under car. I towed car up driveway on even ground. I hit finanlized on the safc and readjusted all the safc2 settings. It takes awhile for the car to start. wideband reads 10.4-10.9. running way to rich, let go of gad pedal it dies. I adjust settings low as -20's still no change, maybe gets to 11.5-12.3. I dont know what happen while car sat two days? Two days heavy rain cause moisture?

safc2 unresponsive?

could a coolant sensor suddenly go bad?

any thoughts?

Last edited by king_of_the_street on Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:50 pm 

u sure its set for karmin.. its been about 8 years since I messed with one.. there basically not used anymore that I know of. (so many other options out there).

and what do you mean by gas coming out of the exhaust ports?

Steve

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:20 pm 
CSM Junkie

im still rocking it :rock: lol 2g maf, 560cc, safc2. Good thing the still keep their value. I've gone threw lots of builds and parts. Some i sell and then funny later on i regret and buy again. I'll save again for dsmlink one day.

Besides that... Yes my starter needed replacing. After two heavy rain days, i finally put my spare starter in today.
Took awhile start. Running way rich, ran great before starter issue.

Fuel pressure is steady 38

wideband reads low 10.2-10.6ish

yes, wierd fuel/moisture enough to form droplets from if your looking at 4g63 motot, from left to right the fourth exhaust port where mani connects to head had wetness/fuel...same was coming out exhaust which is no cat, glasspack and ends under driver seat.

I think after finalizing safc2 and resetting all things no more fuel issue, but im gonna try again tomorrow.
but again ran fine before starter issue..two days hard rain?
bad coolant sensor go overnight? safc2 low/high settings dont affect idle richness :(

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:02 am 
CSM Junkie

I have heard some stories about injectors blocked in open position, fuel in exhaust is a good sign.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm 
CSM Junkie

Hows the fuel in exhaust good? I'm assuming to rich so was dripping out, I've never seen that before. Well, good thing is i'm getting fuel, spark, air. It takes awhile to start and doesn't stay running. I don't wanna wash the walls running to rich. Without a pocket logger :(

Would the stuck injector happen just like that, from fine to stuck open with no proir symptoms?

I'm just thinking how colt ran fine, idle, start and ran fine. Starter issue, waited two days for rain stop.
starter fixed, but now takes awhile start ' assuming cause to much fuel' wont stay idle, too rich :(

Wondering whats wrong. :( O how i forgot the joys of driving a modified car.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:15 am 
CSM Junkie

Ok being that its pig rich for some reason, I checked the oil. Dipstick smells like gas and mixed with oil on dipstick. Oil cap and inside smells of gas. Well, I had alot running around so tomorrow will continue.

I'm gonna pull all plugs, especially #4 where gas was coming from. I suspect th I'll ere bad now so I bought some new ngk cold plugs today and oil.

I plan change plugs and oil. Put cap of oil in cylinder assuming the walls were washed. Hopefully runs and change oil again. Fingers crossed will solve this.

Question, what would cause blowby? I'll update tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:19 am 
CSM Junkie

Look to find another set of same injectors for test also ...