4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:17 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Re: 4g61t question
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:32 pm 
2nd Banana

Quote:
E85 is not on the radar, there are only a few gas stations around here who sell it and imho it's a pain in the ass. I will stick with 92 pump and 101 trick fuel if I run two different maps. So the current ecu in my car, is it specific to the turbo mirage? Can I swap in a 1g dsm ecu like plug and play? Yes English does alot of 1g dsm, they have one that runs low 8's so ecmlink shouldn't be a problem.
If your car has an EPROM ECU, then there's no need to get a DSM ECU for it. You can have that EPROM flashed to whatever you want. If it doesn't have an EPROM ECU, then the only ECU that will plug-n-play is from a '90 DSM. '91-94 will also work, but will require a bit of extra work.
Quote:
I will Google the jackal setup, and check it out. So a cheap setup would be a flashed chip and some 800 injectors, hi impedance bosch style? The motor has the "C" grind cam on the exhaust side from a 92 and adjustable cam gears. I would be worried bigger cams will push the power band up that much further. It really doesn't any boost until 3500 and then it redlines at 7000

Thanks
You can rev it WAY higher than 7,000. These engines can rev to the moon. Even more-so than a 4G63. The first thing I'd do is raise the rev limiter to at least 8,000rpm. You could do 9,000 if you upgraded the cams no problem, but your transmission will start hating you a lot. You need upgraded cams if you want to make over ~300whp.

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:43 pm 
Some call me a god

On the topic of RPM....with Jackal you would not be able to tune past 7,500rpm anyway. Werewolf can, but costs MUCHO DINERO. If you are interested in the Jackal/Werewolf tuning programs you should definitely check out Swede Density as Broke4Speed pointed out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:52 pm 
CSM Junkie

Yeah, Swede Density can be set to 11000 if you want. It's been tested to 16000 on a simulator :).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:12 pm 

Quote:
On the topic of RPM....with Jackal you would not be able to tune past 7,500rpm anyway. Werewolf can, but costs MUCHO DINERO. If you are interested in the Jackal/Werewolf tuning programs you should definitely check out Swede Density as Broke4Speed pointed out.

close it goes to 8k.. but I dont plan to go higher so its all good for me..

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:53 pm 
Some call me a god

Well that is cool and good for the guys using Jackal. My statement was made based on the information read here: http://forums.ds-map.net/store/jackal-vs-werewolf/ but what the program allows and what a website says the program allows are obviously not the same.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:17 am 

Questions,

So I sold my m3 track car last week, and allotted myself $1k to spend on mods.

I'm looking for plug and play 750-850 cc injectors, not planning on e-85 ever. Where is the cheapest source?

Cams I saw a set of hks272 for early dsm on the c.l., will those work with stock valve train. If not I can hold out for some Hks 264

Back to the ecu, so if I have a eprom in the car now, I can ship that off to a shop and have it flashed to my mods? If so what shop does that work.

The other option is Jackal, any one in the Seattle Tacoma area have experience with installing it, willing to help me out for some cash.

I can figure out the cost for the Jackal chip and supporting parts, any info out

Thanks, I know all this has been probably answered else where, but I literally have three platforms I race and mod, so my brain is maxed out

2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon
2003 Ford ZX3 Stage Rally Beast

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:15 pm 
The Silent Administrator

272's will work but the magic scenario you might like to try would be the 264/272.

With ECMLinkv3 idle with either cam setup would be of no consequence. The reason for 264/272 was the better idle, slightly more midrange/ealier spool, and good top end/higher RPM too.

Using a lower torque motor like the 1.6 DOHC, means that you need all the torque you can keep and use.

You could also consider the use of a Cyclone dual runner manifold (with or without port matched/filled - to the 1.6L sized ports) to add up to 30 ft/lbs of torque.
The manifold would likely be a contributing factor to maximum power and where the power band is achieved, but it is well worth it if the manifold is triggered efficiently. Some here trigger it with a T25 wastegate modification.
This does require some work and likely our upgrade budget allows for a set of cams/seals and a new version of ECMLink, but not much else at 1K and everything shipped or delivered to you.
3-400 for cams, 5-600+ for ECMLink in various concoctions - speed density (requires extras and extra wiring) or MAF (cheapest and is plug and play with no additional wiring other than a wideband to help things along and stay safe).

Either way you should consider new springs (Evo8/9 w/titanium retainers(can be used retainers if need be)) or some decent aftermarket springs like Kiggly.

Check out this thread on springs .... Tuners thread

If you ECU was not eprom, you could still have it modified to work that way. Lots of good reading on the for sale portion of the ECMLink homepages. They also have a support forum, and lots of guys here that tune with it.

The setup would arrive and you would have to set it up, unless the guys here can point you in the direction a reputable/savvy tuner that will keep your motor combination alive.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:13 am 

Thanks for the reply.

In the last month I picked up 650 FIC injectors, to be installed. Replaced the heater core, removed the a/c system (the compressor froze up). My mechanic installed a new act aluminum flywheel and Spec stage 2 plus clutch, and machined down a poly roll stop insert. I also pulled out the big Evo 3 radiator and picked up a ebay half radiator for a Honda. This pretty much ate up my budget, the clutch was toast so it had to get done. I'm going to hold off on the Ecmlink unless one pops up for sale as is a smoking price.

Cams is the 264 on the intake side? or exhaust side?

Cyclone intake is plug and play in the sense it bolts on and matches up on the ports. If so them triggering the diapham or solenoid is the challenge I'm guessing. If this will add big torque then I'm really interested in doing it. I'm going to search a bit and see what I can dig up. Thanks for the info.

2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon
2003 Ford ZX3 Stage Rally Beast