4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:47 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:29 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

I'll get straight to the point, did the 90 DSM CAS have a longer or shorter wire length than the 4g61t CAS? Or were they identical? I ask because I have a couple 90 DSM CASs but I will have to extend the wiring in order to reach the plug on the harness that is located on the driver side of the firewall. I was surprised to find that I'd need to extend the wiring - no big deal - but now I'm curious if there was a difference in the pigtail length between the models. Unless the connection I'm referring to on the driver side firewall is not the correct plug? I don't see anything on the harness closer to the passenger side that would suggest it is the CAS connection. There is, however, another 4 wire plug taped to the wiring that leads to the wiper control motor. Maybe someone has a couple pics of their engine bay where they can see their CAS connection and post it up so I can verify. I'm going to start looking through the wiring diagram next to see what I come up with. Thanks for the help in advance!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:38 am 

Ok, I did confirm the connector on the driver side firewall is, indeed, the correct connector as I originally thought. At least that was how I remembered it on my 90 Eclipse GSX from many moons ago :D So it looks like I just need to extend the wiring on my CAS to make this connection possible. So my only question now is did the GT Colt (4g61t) have a different length wiring for the CAS compared to the 90 DSMs? I don't have CAPS to check the part numbers on my own. Seems strange to me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:49 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Without ASA at my fingertips at work, I remember something about the CAS wiring differing as you were wondering. I have two CAS's, 90 style. One from my C53A, and likely on from a 90 DSM or another C53A. They both have long pigtails like my C53A style. Send me a PM and I can look up the parts thru ASA for you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:31 am 
Some call me a god

My stock 61t cas pig tail was longer than my current 90 dsm cas. To run the 90' DSM one I had to undo a couple grommets on the firewall so that it would reach comfortably without being pulled on from engine movement. The plugs were the same, plug and play.

07 ZX6R

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:19 pm 

Thanks for the responses. I wanted to confirm that there was, indeed, a difference in length so thank you for that. No need to verify with the part numbers. I ended up soldering in wire extensions to make the CAS pigtail long enough to connect to the driver side firewall connection.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:04 pm 
The Silent Administrator

CAS with pigtail wiring that extends up to the connector, which for a C53A is on the firewall connector plate. DSM location is also firewall ??

C53A MD129147

D22A MD121786 1988.05.1-1990.06.1