4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:16 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:30 am 

So I finally found a 6 bolt motor, after almost a year and a half of looking :P , but all that I would be getting is pretty much the block and head setup. So I want to run a couple things by you guys to check before getting myself into too much trouble.

All I'm looking for right away is to have the car up and running again and to be able to pass emissions testing, I can make any adjustments as needed gong forward. so with doing the swap will my 4g61 fuel rail bolt up to the 4g63 motor, I thought I read at some point the 4g61t ones were special in some way? will running my injectors from the 4g61 be an issue? Also I've read different times about the port size differences with the manifolds between the two motors, will I have a problem to run my 4g61 intake and exhaust manifolds to start? also the 4g61 MAF, any issues? I know this may sound like a silly question, but will there be any problem with running the smaller 11b turbo on the 4g63 for the time being? and finally how big of an issue will running my 4g61t ECU cause.

Pretty much right now I would need to swap over as much as possible from my 4g61 as I can manage for the time being.

As a side note, while the motor is out of the car, how beneficial is it to remove the balance shaft, does it really make that much of a difference in the long run?

Thanks in advance for any help!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:16 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
So I finally found a 6 bolt motor, after almost a year and a half of looking :P , but all that I would be getting is pretty much the block and head setup. So I want to run a couple things by you guys to check before getting myself into too much trouble.
will my 4g61 fuel rail bolt up to the 4g63 motor, I thought I read at some point the 4g61t ones were special in some way?

It will bolt up.

will running my injectors from the 4g61 be an issue?

No, if you are running the 61 ECU

Also I've read different times about the port size differences with the manifolds between the two motors, will I have a problem to run my 4g61 intake and exhaust manifolds to start?

No problem to start. Feel free to port match if needed, should be minimal.

also the 4g61 MAF, any issues?

The 63 will be flowing more air so you may get some issues without tuning.

I know this may sound like a silly question, but will there be any problem with running the smaller 11b turbo on the 4g63 for the time being?

No.

and finally how big of an issue will running my 4g61t ECU cause.

No issue if related parts are the same assuming 61 maf and injectors are used and assuming the engine electronics is 90' or 61.

As a side note, while the motor is out of the car, how beneficial is it to remove the balance shaft, does it really make that much of a difference in the long run?

A couple ponies and reliability.

Thanks in advance for any help!

07 ZX6R

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:14 am 
The Silent Administrator

Great post above.

I remember having to re-use the 4g61t fuel rail because the fuel inlet spacing would otherwise create issues. Also, I believe the fuel rail inlet fitting is shaped so that the 4g63 fitting would not work, with the bracket that normally bolts to the TB, and head/CAS nut. Something along those lines.

With all the gaskets and such that are going to get eaten up, and likely should not be re-used when you would be putting the matched 4g63t parts on the motor, why not wait ?? Is the car being driven over the fall/winter seasons ?

The motor will run and likely fine, with slightly lower compression mind you due to the larger pistons creating a larger combustion chamber volume. 4g63t's are designed that way, and the auto versions run the 390cc injectors also.

Can't be hard to find a 14b turbo and 2G manifold, Eprom ECU ... maybe your ECU is already? Ever opened it up ??