4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:57 pm 

Hi guys,
Just a quick question,
How do i remove the coil pack? Or how do i get to the negative wire without removing it?
Ive removed the three bolts that i thought held it in, but it only seems to wiggle but is still unremovable,
If anyone could explain or even point me to the part in the online manual that explains it ?(i really cant navigate these mitsubishi manuals)

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:12 pm 

there are 4 bolts holding it in place... 2 looking down from above.. and 2 looking in from the fender.. one is way up inside the curve of the intake..

this shows the coil pack.. the hard to see bolt is the upper right hole you see in the pic..

http://dsmpartsonline.com/images/90coil.jpg

Steve

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:53 am 

Slowdsm you are a legend this made life a hell of a lot easier... i dont think i would have found that bolt without taking the ;ntake of

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:41 am 

Hey, soooo ive removed the thing easy as pie... yay, my tach filter is snuggly in place, ive read on this forum splicing the tacho into the white wire is the tacho output, the other two go to the coils right?
Where is the negative side of the coil... i feel like a bit of an idiot but i think someone has replaced the wires on the coil pack and colours are all over the place.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:49 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

there should be one black that interconnects boht coils and one red going to one coil and one yellow going to the other coil and the white coming from the tacho.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:02 am 

Thanks legolas 337,
I have a white going to coil, a red going to coil and a yellow going to that 4 pin, i have black wirs connecting the coils so thats ground... but is my wiring backwards ?
Heres a pic of mine hope you can see
http://s15.postimg.org/s7be1pb7v/IMG_20 ... 185836.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:09 am 

After putting my son to bed and being able to look properly i notice d the white also looping back to that 4 pin...ill try that one first.... thanks again... ps this forum is king for answers.... i would have been bashing my head against the wall by now if it wasnt for you guys

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:10 am 

Ok now im kinda confused, i was told hook it to the white wire yes? Thats an input to the tach interface, so is the red, the yellow is an output.... so why hook it to the white wire ? My wiring looks the same as on lilevo

Edit: i hooked it to the white wire directly to my aftermarket tacho, shows half the rpm as i thougt as its only of one coil, if i hook it to the yellow wire i get nothing, if i hook it to the noise filter after i get nothing... whats with this cars signal its weak as?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:38 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

the yellow went to one coil on mine and the red another and the white was just output. I hooked the white directly to my tach and it seems to work just fine. I will try to grab a pic for you.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:51 pm 

the aftermarket tacho should have a switch or dial in the back to set for 2.4.6.8 cyl..(it might be hidden behind a rubber plug also..depending on the brand of the tacho)..... if it is set to 4cyl and it only reads half of actuall rpm.. change it to 2cyl and see if that corrects it.. if not set it to 8cyl.. but I think 2cyl will fix the issue.

Steve

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:52 pm 

Yeah i tried that mine only goes down to 4, i think its faulty cause even at half rpm directly of the coil the needle moves to slow... im returning it and buying seperate gauges, its just to much of a headache getting this 4 in 1 to work...
Thanks heaps for everyones help, i did actually learn a lot from this experience ;)