4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:52 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: 96 mirage with 2g 4G63T?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:07 am 
Restricted Newbie

Since 96 is obd II and I wanted to CA BAR the car, I'd have to use a same year or newer vehicle. Does anyone know if the 2g motor works with the 1g engine harness? Also, does the 2g o2 sensor rear run off a different harness than the engine harness? I am really hoping to find a 93/94 so I wouldn't have this issue but can't be picky when it comes to the rarity of the vehicle.
-shane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:10 pm 

you need to use the harness and ecu for the same year motor...

basically when you do the swap what you are doing is just splicing ........ the gauge cluster to the ecu so the gauges work properly.. and the starter wire so the car starts.. other than that its just like the motor came in the car factory.....

but in cali if the car doesnt have the factory engine doesnt that raise a red flag for them?

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:29 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:

basically when you do the swap what you are doing is just splicing ........ the gauge cluster to the ecu so the gauges work properly.. and the starter wire so the car starts.. other than that its just like the motor came in the car factory.....

but in cali if the car doesnt have the factory engine doesnt that raise a red flag for them?

Steve
We can legalize same year or newer motor as long as the car runs, passes emissions , and uses uncut harness. I was thinking to use a 2g motor so that the vin matches up. But since 89mirageman has a harness adapter for 1g engine harness to dash, I can use a 1g engine harness, use a patch harness for the right ECU just so things aren't so complicated in wiring the 2g engine harness to the mirage.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:02 pm 

I can tell you that there are many differences between the 1g and 2g dsm engine harnesses for sure. The Maf and TPS for starters. It'll take more than a patch harness for the 2g ECU. If the harness is taped and done correctly how will they know its not stock?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:19 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Quote:

Steve
We can legalize same year or newer motor as long as the car runs, passes emissions , and uses uncut harness. I was thinking to use a 2g motor so that the vin matches up. But since 89mirageman has a harness adapter for 1g engine harness to dash, I can use a 1g engine harness, use a patch harness for the right ECU just so things aren't so complicated in wiring the 2g engine harness to the mirage.

Out of curiosity, how DEE faq would some jamoke from an EPA station know what year harness was in the car??

06 C6 Z06- 600whp NA