4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 1:15 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:02 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

I got it running and idling good fixed all the small issues I was having with it but now i am running into a code 44 ignition malfuction issue. I got a basemap done on it, set stock fuel pressure and timing. It will fire right up, idle, and it will go into closed loop and idle all day fine but when I rev it up or try and drive it starts sputtering. I converted the summit harness to work with the new motor and have triple check all the wiring to make sure everything was wired correctly. I have swapped the CAS, Transistor, coilpacks, and new plugs. Currently I am running a known good 91+ black top CAS, 90 Transistor, and COP setup. I checked the ecu for leaking caps and found nothing. I just pulled the ecu out of my colt and it was working fine a couple months prior. I am stuck and dont know where to go from here.....Anyone have any ideas on what I should check into next? Something to note as well, when its starts sputtering and throwing the check engine for code 44 the tach starts reading irregular. The COP setup was pulled out of my running colt and it uses 90 style plug with the tach interface box that I rewired to run to pin 109 and the summit dash harness. I dont know if the tach acting up when it begins to run bad has anything to do with the problem just wanted to throw that out there. When it is idling it works fine and I believe the ecu is always reading tach signal correctly. It did the same thing with a stock known working 90 coilpack as well.

** Edited above, it doesnt matter whether the car is cold or not. I drove the car around the block a couple of times and it misses terribly. If I disconnect the tach wire it will quit throwing the check engine light but still have the ignition issue. The first log is an idle log and the second from driving it around the block. I am still new to tuning as well so this is probably the issue so please critique me!! Starting think it just might be my basemap beyond the idle... (I copied this over from dsmlink, I can send you the logs if it helps)

89 Colt Gt AWD HX40
93 Summit AWD Van 5 speed (2.3 stroker soon)
92 Expo AWD Van Auto

Last edited by Damills on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:20 pm 

Checked to make sure I was firing on all cylinders and fuel injectors were all working when it starts happening and everything is working like it should. The problem is intermintent and usually takes a min or so to happen once the car is started.

Here are some videos if it helps at all. Anyones input is appreciated I just need ideas for things to check out.

http://youtu.be/_nxPcCxs8CY

http://youtu.be/9ROLfPX-Mbc

89 Colt Gt AWD HX40
92 Expo AWD Van Auto

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:22 pm 
Some call me a god

I had this happen once pissed me off, mine ended up being a bad ground it idle fine like yours too.. I ended up pulling the ground wire and hit the area were it bolts to with a wire wheel fixed it.... Not sure if it's your problem worth a shot though...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:14 pm 

Yeah thats actually a good idea I am going to try that out tommorrow.

89 Colt Gt AWD HX40
92 Expo AWD Van Auto

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:37 pm 

Well cleaned up the grounds and even added a few and still no luck. ](*,)

89 Colt Gt AWD HX40
92 Expo AWD Van Auto