10.5:1 WOT A/F
Octane Reset
Enhanced Closed-Loop MAPS
Shift CE Light at 7000 RPM
800 RPM Idle
2x HZ for Logging Karman to 3212 HZ
FED/AWD
PK Code

I want to tune my idle to keep up with the 264 regrinds that are in it, and maybe for the HKS 264/272 cams I have stockpiled.
My WOT AFR is less than ideal and was only designed to keep the motor alive before I could afford some tuning devices.

I want to purchase this:
MTX-L: MTX Series Digital Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge Kit (ALL-IN-ONE) Now Shipping! - P/N: 3844 - #3844

Should I jump into Link V3 Full Edition or grab another SAFCII (sold it because money was needed for a clutch kit)???

Right now the car runs fine, idle is a bunch rich and piles up HC's in the cat if run long enough and it pulls great but I have no way of knowing RICH/LEAN. My E-testing on the rollers (run by me) proved the factory 02 was working very well, but WOT is what I am concerned about because my power drops off substantially at that point compared to 3/4 throttle and boosting (an aside not worth going into yet, I agree).

I am running a Palm IIIc and palm logger software but have a Laptop DELL Latitude D810 running Windows XP Professional, so plenty fast enough for Link datalogging.

Will this be a hair pulling experience to mimic almost all functions of the keydiver chip, is Link setup for most of that?

Also I want to install my Cyclone manifold setup (it is painted and ready to rock), can link incorporate this with little hassle? Am I tapping into an ECU pin, if so which one?

I will step up the injector sizing (Mitsu 510 or 560's good?) to match up to roughly 15-18 PSI, and install my Aeromotive AFPR and Walbro to match this.

I know I could get away with just the SAFCII but does that do things with timing I have to worry about? Or is that only because of really large injectors?

Can I retain full EGR function with link? Use EGR output to trigger the Cyclone when it goes on?

Motor is a stock 6 bolt 4g63 minus 264 regrind cams, 14b ported 02 turbo, 2.5" exhaust, all emissions working and hooked up.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:28 pm 
Some call me a god

Get rid of the keydriver and safc stuff, there's no reason for anyone to be using those tuning tools anymore with the price of v3 lite being so cheap. Even the lite version has a ton of features, but I think for your intake control you might have to use the full v3.

Your car will run 100% better with link even at the same boost levels once you get the tune dialed in. Also, I'm using a simple LC-1 wideband setup without a gauge which costed like $130 instead of a full gauge setup so that can save you some money as well.

I love ecmlink, it's awesome, you won't regret getting it! :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:40 pm 
CSM Junkie

Hi Tim.

You could use v3 full version of link for the cyclone activation with the FPR output, http://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/nitrouscontroldetails

V3 lite and Full compare : http://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/prodcompare?s=v3lite
With the full version you can tune the boost by gear, nice feature for a FWD !
Also speed density !

The MTX-L is a good WB, friendly with link without the bad read like the AEM ...

I think 560cc ( global -18% ) injector is a good match for the 14B, also the deadtime of this injectors is 0 like the stock 450cc. Easy to tune ...
Which gas, 91 or 94 ?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:46 pm 
The Silent Administrator

We have 87, 89, 91 (0 ethanol) and select 94 (0 Ethanol) Octane pumps here.
I run minimum 91 but mostly 94 when I fill up.

If I can keep the FPR solenoid and use another input, that would be great.

On a side topic I have always wanted to incorporate EGR into the Cyclone manifold - twice the benefit.

So, what input could I use if not the FPR solenoid driver? EGR solenoid (Federal/California dependant?)? other .... ?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:39 am 
CSM Junkie

ECMLink quote :
Quote:
EGR output control
Having control over the fuel pressure solenoid output has been used for several years to do all sorts of things, even some we never envisioned. But the need exists for additional control, so we're adding the same type of functionality to the EGR output as well. You can use this output for all the same stuff you could with the FPS output. You can control your cyclone manifold, for example, or your BOV bottom-port pressure or activate nitrous or water injection, etc., etc.

Additional output control parameters
We have entirely redone the output control logic. Now you can configure RPM, LoadFactor, TPS, speed and knock sensor windows to do just about anything imaginable. Parameter “windows” provide more flexibility. You can have them trigger above, below, or in between whichever activation points you have an interest in.

A screenshot is below of the new FPS controls. EGR output controls are identical.
http://www.ecmtuning.com/images/forums/ ... output.png

If you want keep the FPR solenoid for hot start enrichment, v3 full has this feature :
Quote:
ECMLink provides an enrichment function when the engine is started while hot. If you find that you need this function because your engine seems to run lean when started hot, then check this box
The FPR solenoid stock function is useless with ECMLink !