4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:47 pm 
CSM Junkie

I'd really like to talk to anyone that has MS2/E 2.0.1 working with a 4G63T... Are you using the stock CAS? Stock resistor pack? Stock Coil pack?
Quote:
The setup:
4G63t, stock CAS
Stock ignition system
MS2/E 2.0.1, crank sensor circuits set up according to install guide on DIYAutotune
RC 1000cc injectors, stock resistor pack used

The car has recently been fitted with a new harness for the MS. The car runs and drives well except at WOT between ~5900-6500 RPM. Nothing in the logs indicate anything abnormal. The car pulls great to 5900 where it feels (and sounds) like timing is being pulled. If you stay in the throttle and get past 6500 RPM, the car will pull great again. Sometimes the issue will remain for the entire 600 RPM period, and sometimes it will go in and out in the same span of RPMS. Happens at the same RPM every time. AFR's are solid when the issue occurs, as well as indicated timing in the log. I'm at a loss. Anyone have any ideas or experience the same thing with a similar engine configuration?

Another odd issue is the rev limiter. Originally it was set at 7500 rpm. I turned the limiter up to 8200, burned to ECU and still limits at 7500. MT confirms that the limiter is set at 8200 after rebooting the ECU.

Log and MSQ included
http://www.msextra.com/download/file.php?id=9726
http://www.msextra.com/download/file.php?id=9727

It also does act very strange at the same spot when I free-rev. It's not quite as noticeable as when under WOT but there is definitely some missing going on.

When I free-rev it at ~6xxx the tach also goes WHACKY (all over the place, looses counts etc).

I've tried a new CAS, and replaced the COP setup with stock coils. No dice!

Some signals: (these all look good IMO)
Stock CAS signals at the MS connector:

Stock CAS signals right at the processor:

Transistor pack driving signal (blue) and off the processor (yellow)

I'm at a total loss here... Any ideas?