4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:47 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:30 am 

was wondering if you all could post some pics of your fire walls. I would like to see where people have mounted everything for the 4g63t swap and if they mounted something somewhere for a reason why?

Also i have to strip my talon in a few weeks to sell the shell, anyone able to list everything i definitely will need for the swap into my 94 summit? I'm using the f5m33 trans as well if that info helps at all.

I know i need the fuel pump as well, but do i need the shifter cables? will the shift cables work with the 4g gear shift? or do i need to take that as well?

All info is greatly appreciated and thank you ;)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:19 am 
CSM Junkie

I used the stock cables and shifter. Dont know what year trans i have though. It is f5m33. I used dsm pedals. The whole assembly with both pedals fit in the colt, wasnt too bad. I cant remember what axles i used keep your dsm axles they might work, you just have to swap out the ends that go in the hubs, i think you can make a hybrid axle from your stock colt and dsm axles. You need everything under the hood obviously, the talon rad can be bolted in it but it positions the filler too low so its not ideal, a vr4 rad is best in colts but many use smaller rads from hondas, etc. Keep the engine wiring harness intact, fish it out the firewall (not fun you have to take heater out to do so) And cut the pigtails from the chassis side so you can splice them into the colt.

Also i used a 1g trans in my 93 but i hear a 2g trans is much much easier to do in a 4g colt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:46 pm 
Some call me a god

I have a adapter harness and the front and rear mounts that will let you bolt the 1g dsm fwd tranny into your car. let me know if your interested, I have had these for awhile and do not plan to use them. The mounts are actually one off mounts made by 89mirageman as with the adapter harness.