4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:37 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:54 pm 

Inbetween gutting the GSX shell years ago, cutting out all the FWD rear suspension, and installing craigslist scored adjustables..... I seem to have lost some bits. I was installing the rear calipers with a new set of braided lines, when I realized that cheapy bracket that bolts to the shock is MIA, on both sides. You know, the one that the soft line goes into with a clip, there is a horseshoe of hardline, and then another clipped softline before running off to a body mount. I've searched exploded parts diagrams, I've downloaded and dug through CAPS, and I just can't find the thing.

What the hell is that bracket called? Anybody have a PN for them (LH and RH)? Anybody have a spare set on an old pair of shocks they want to part with? If you have the hardline I'll take that too, but I can bend my own just the same.

If I found a pair of front shocks in the junkyard (since AWD cars are slim there) with the brackets, any reason I couldn't just rob those are repurpose?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:06 pm 
The Silent Administrator

You can find part numbers at partsbase.org.

If the bracket is welded to the strut, you need the proper strut with that bracket - you do not generally weld to something that contains a charge and will likely explode/release said charge if you super heat, especially in small concentrated areas.

Or you could mean the small bracket that bolts onto a stud on the strut much like the fronts, that allows the metal spaghetti line at the strut, to connect the rubber brake line in two directions, to the frame and to the caliper body.

ASA online at partsbase.org names the "horseshoe" of hardline as follows for the C53A - "56202L MB366277 BRACKET, BRAKE HOSE, LH. Period: 1988.04.1-1989.05.3;"

This is what I am referring to:

http://www.partsbase.org/mitsubishi/mir ... rake-line/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:43 am 

Thank you thank you. Had not idea that site was out there, was skimming really grainy scans that people had posted to tuners and whatnot. Digging into the 1994 GSX diagrams, I found the part(s) I needed 56112 L\R, its good to at least have a name. I thought about making a junkyard run for something close, but with the prices my local yard is charging..... easier just to order.

Thanks again Eagle.