4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:48 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: awd query
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:18 am 
Restricted Newbie

Hello all,

i have a 89 colt with a 4g63t FWD and i want to convert to AWD.

Can someone guide me to which car's rear end can fit into my car?

I searched here and people have used talon's rear end which I dont have access to.

Can a evo 1/2/3 or an eclipse 92-96 rear end fit?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: awd query
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:27 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

I have heard of people using galant rear subframe assemblies to go awd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:28 am 
2nd Banana

Where are you located? Please add a location to your profile. I'm assuming you're not in the US.

You may be able to use a EVO 1-3 drivetrain, but you would have to use an AWD transmission that matches the EVO rear-end gear ratio. You would be the first person ever to try this that I'm aware of. 92-94 Eclipse drivetrain would work. That's pretty much what everyone uses over here in the US. 95-96 is a totally different body style of Eclipse in the US, and that rear-end would not work, at least no one has tried to use it, but this may not be the same in other countries. Galant VR4 drivetrain is basically identical to 1G DSM drivetrain.

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:42 am 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
Where are you located? Please add a location to your profile. I'm assuming you're not in the US.

You may be able to use a EVO 1-3 drivetrain, but you would have to use an AWD transmission that matches the EVO rear-end gear ratio. You would be the first person ever to try this that I'm aware of. 92-94 Eclipse drivetrain would work. That's pretty much what everyone uses over here in the US. 95-96 is a totally different body style of Eclipse in the US, and that rear-end would not work, at least no one has tried to use it, but this may not be the same in other countries. Galant VR4 drivetrain is basically identical to 1G DSM drivetrain.
well i'm located in Pakistan and have access to dubai, thailand and malaysia for parts. I can find evo1/2/3 and galant vr4 rear end from these countries.

The engine i'm running is a 6 bolt motor probably off a vr4 galant, i do have the awd gear and transfer case of this engine.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:39 am 
2nd Banana

Quote:
well i'm located in Pakistan and have access to dubai, thailand and malaysia for parts. I can find evo1/2/3 and galant vr4 rear end from these countries.

The engine i'm running is a 6 bolt motor probably off a vr4 galant, i do have the awd gear and transfer case of this engine.
There were two different AWD transmissions used in the Galant VR4, one with a different final-drive ratio than the other. You'll need to check the part number on the bellhousing of the transmission you have. Depending on which final-drive ratio you have in the transmission, this will determine which rear-end you can use. I believe the Galant VR4 RS is the only one which had the shorter final-drive with the different tooth count, which would be the same as the EVO 1-3 transmissions. Normal Galant VR4 should all be the same as the stuff we got in the USA.

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus