4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:36 am

All times are UTC-05:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Auto trans question
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:54 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:42 am
Posts: 94
Location: Ft. Stewart, GA
Alright i have a 89 colt thats already been swapped to awd. My question is would a 2g auto trans fit? Not sure if anyone here has done or knows any info but id thought i would ask. I know the 2g auto trans case is longer than a 1g. Thanks ~chase


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Auto trans question
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:03 pm 
Offline
2nd Banana
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:16 pm
Posts: 9369
Location: San Diego, CA.
Quote:
Alright i have a 89 colt thats already been swapped to awd. My question is would a 2g auto trans fit? Not sure if anyone here has done or knows any info but id thought i would ask. I know the 2g auto trans case is longer than a 1g. Thanks ~chase
It's pretty hard to fit a 2g trans in a 1g, and a Colt has even less room in the engine bay, so I don't think you'd be able to make it fit, unless you removed quite a bit of material from the framerail on the passenger side.

_________________
91 GSX - 511fwhp and 352 lb/ft 25psi 110 octane, 7.68 @ 95.9mph 1/8th 21psi 91 octane, 11.93 @ 112.9mph, 117.7mph best trap speed, 20psi 91 octane
98 Volvo S70 T5 - DD

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Auto trans question
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:16 am 
Offline
CSM Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:57 pm
Posts: 550
Location: spokane, wa, usa
it was a pain fitting a 1g auto in my elantra.

_________________
93 Hyundai Elantra GLS-4g63t,f4a33,HolseHx35,pte 1000cc,evo ecu,aem 5 bar,plus lots of cool stuff


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Auto trans question
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:50 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:42 am
Posts: 94
Location: Ft. Stewart, GA
I am not too worried about removing material. I just found a hell of a deal on a built trans with all the parts I need for the Auto swap


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Auto trans question
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:57 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:21 pm
Posts: 2131
Location: Tucson Az
I havent heard of anyone using a 2g auto in a csm.. I have a 1g and it barely fits... with a 2g you need the adapter kit and I think that will make it not fit unless you cut and rebuild the pass side frame rail.

same with a 1g dsm.. not many.(if any) have put a 2g trans in cause of fitment issues... people do put a 6 bolt into a 2g but need that adapter kit for it to work.. and if I recall the 2g width is 1" wider than the 1g.

if u got a good deal.. you could get it..resale it and get 1g stuff and make some money lol..



Steve

_________________
Steve 89 colt 2.3 stroker stock top end. evo3@20 psi 13.489@99.30mph 3/10 2012
On drag radials.auto trans.launching @ 5 psi and no traction thru 2nd.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Auto trans question
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:03 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:42 am
Posts: 94
Location: Ft. Stewart, GA
Quote:
I havent heard of anyone using a 2g auto in a csm.. I have a 1g and it barely fits... with a 2g you need the adapter kit and I think that will make it not fit unless you cut and rebuild the pass side frame rail.

same with a 1g dsm.. not many.(if any) have put a 2g trans in cause of fitment issues... people do put a 6 bolt into a 2g but need that adapter kit for it to work.. and if I recall the 2g width is 1" wider than the 1g.

if u got a good deal.. you could get it..resale it and get 1g stuff and make some money lol..



Steve

Lol well with my current setup I will be destroying 5-speeds, & this isn't one of those deals you pass up really. Its a built to the tilt trans, & converter. I am thinking about getting it & just doing some fab work. But getting the trans to fit is only half the battle, next comes the axles.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Auto trans question
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:29 am 
Offline
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:03 am
Posts: 253
Location: Auburn, AL
With hundreds of 2G's running around with 6-bolt swaps and the kiggly 2G 6-bolt flex plate, I don't see why this is not a possibility. Break out the tape measure and see what kind of space you have. I have a MIG if we need to notch the frame :D

_________________
2003 Evo, 89 Mirage Turbo, 88 Conquest 4G64


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Auto trans question
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:06 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:42 am
Posts: 94
Location: Ft. Stewart, GA
Quote:
With hundreds of 2G's running around with 6-bolt swaps and the kiggly 2G 6-bolt flex plate, I don't see why this is not a possibility. Break out the tape measure and see what kind of space you have. I have a MIG if we need to notch the frame :D

Thanks Seth


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited