4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:38 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:23 pm 

I think I asked u this before Spoolin... but too lazy to go thru the thread to see lol..

couldnt you put 1 cross bar (side to side).. and use the factory ford mounting points for mounting the rear end in the car?.. then use the mustang (or custom made) bars with hiem joints on them for the angle adjustment.. then make a mounting point for the strut/shock/spring suspension?

If this would work I think it would be the least amount of modification to make it awd.. gears have been turning in my head about this setup.. just been working on making my 4g a solid DD right now and havent touched the colt.. im hoping in oct when it cools down some I can start back up on it. and at least get it all cut out in the back and see what all needs to be fabbed and welded up.

great work tho. cant wait to see some track times.

Steve

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:39 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

I definitely would try that next time and maybe even modify stock mustang control arms. Also try to use the csm chassis mounts from the factory for control arms as well. If not modified control arms than even a ladder bar setup.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:05 pm 

i will look into that once i get it all cut out.. i have a few diff ways ive been thinking about.. so ill roll the rear end under there then think for a few weeks (and take lots of measurements) before I actually start making stuff lol..

Steve

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:40 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
Whoring out my vids and updating threads. In can be done on a budget with minimal fabrication skills.
http://youtu.be/rCcC1p8YxQ8
http://youtu.be/obRwxPyAZ34

That's badass, I actually just picked up an HX40....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:07 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Also try to use the csm chassis mounts from the factory for control arms as well. If not modified control arms than even a ladder bar setup.
This is exactly what i plan on doing. I have a 93 that i am swapping soon. I kicked around the idea of keeping it fwd but now i have an evo3 trans/tcase which requires 3.91 ratio i have a celica rear that would work fine but im trying to grt a 3.91 lsd from a first gen rx7 I will definately use the factory rear trailing arm mounts and am undecided on the upper four link mounts. I will probably just do triangulated four link like a mustang, but am not opposed to using as many stock mount points as i can. It should be easy to swap, lightweight, and work well for drag racing
The soul purpose of this project is to be light, my last awd colt was 2550 iirc and my goal is to be much lighter than that, and see just how fast i can go with a 14b