4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:05 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:33 am 
Restricted Newbie

Like the title says, obviously it plays a very important part on a stock dsm/Csm but With the other three mounts being solid/poly, primarily the T-belt side and front roll stopper, could you get away with just three? Obviously the front one would prevent both forward and rearward roll. Discuss. Tyler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:39 pm 
Some call me a god

Take the force the roll stop will see by itself and times that by two, and you will get the reason why you need two of them. You will be putting much more strees on the side mounts as well, they actually twist if the engine rocks back and fourth enough.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:11 pm 
Some call me a god

Check out the torque specs for each mount or each roll stop. That will give a good indication of which one is subject to the most force. (it'll probably be the rear one)

94 Audi s4 - sold
88 Eagle Vista Turbo LX sedan, RIP

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:03 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Thanks guys. Yea theres no doubt that it takes a huge load. However with my previous poly mount setup in my talon, my engine didnt rock at all, it was beautiful. My thinking is that with the colt, a solid poly mount up front tied to a crossmember connecting the front frame rails together should prevent any front or rearward rocking, (in addition to poly t-belt and tranny mounts) would that not be enough? The mounts role would just be reversed, instead of being compressed on accel, it would be stretched. Any other input? Stress on the block? Tyler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:35 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Um, it was not designed to use 3 mounts. Add more torque/power, clutch, and traction to the mixture and you have a recipe for disaster with only three mounts; and more to your point, yes the block may hate you for doing this.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:11 am 
Some call me a god

I ran 3 mounts, the 2 sides being Poly and the engine moved so damn much if had anything more than stock tires I would of had issues even though I thought it might be ok because I yanked on the intake manifold pretty hard and the motor didn't even twitch. I now run all 4 mounts (2 being poly) and the engine still moves a tad much for my taste, go rally around with your hood off and you'll see why you need 4 mounts at a minimum.

07 ZX6R