4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:38 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:56 pm 
Some call me a god

The firewall is 7-8 layers thick in that area.. I wouldnt sandwhich 2 plates there. you dont have much room under the dash, if you still have the HVAC unit.. I used 1/8'' plate, and welded it from right above the steering rack and took it pretty far up the firewall.

If you can make some plate fit Behind the steering rack. Do that as well. Thats a VERY strong point. and just tie it into the firewall plates.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:47 pm 
CSM O.G.

I am coming back from the mk1 and mk2 vw world, where the shaved bay is taken to extremes. Thety run all new brake lines and the engine wiring harness/headlight harness through the fenderwell or frame. If you are still going to run the MAF translator then I would suggest having the two sides of it tigged to some piping rather than using couplers. also consider running it further from the throttle body. maybe in the corner of the bay or over where a SMIC would go. I could go on but I would start to rant. needless to say if I wasn't putting it together as a daily driver then I would try a shaved bay as well. I am glad to come back to my original love of CSMs, and I am going to bring some dub-style with me.

replied so I could subscribe :supz:

~joe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:38 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
The firewall is 7-8 layers thick in that area.. I wouldnt sandwhich 2 plates there. you dont have much room under the dash, if you still have the HVAC unit.. I used 1/8'' plate, and welded it from right above the steering rack and took it pretty far up the firewall.

If you can make some plate fit Behind the steering rack. Do that as well. Thats a VERY strong point. and just tie it into the firewall plates.
well right where I have my mount it isn't anywhere near that thick. And I might not be sandwiching two plates but there will be at least one long thick plate on the interior side which should be more than enough for that mount. And There is plently of room for the plate between the firewall and heatercore box.

So is anyone else running an auto passenger side axle it fits perfect?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:59 am 
Restricted Newbie

alright well I got a lot done yesterday! Rear end is in but just tacked until I can get some damn struts that work. Ill just let the pictures do my talking!!!

On to the best pics:

Last edited by slowbeans on Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:14 pm 

Must be nice to have a forklift around the shop, sure saves the back. Those wheels even look pretty good on there to me.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:52 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
Must be nice to have a forklift around the shop, sure saves the back. Those wheels even look pretty good on there to me.
yes the forklift was really nice especially working alone like my back doesnt even hurt anymore! And yeah I was suprised with the wheels to they aren't to bad but will be traded out for steelies with drag radials/slicks!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:12 pm 
Restricted Newbie

well I just received my 12 gallon fuel cell from Jegs, which it just shipped out yesterday morning. :eek:. Here are some pics:
And here are a couple pictures of Nick helping me out!!! And some pics of the welding.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:38 am 

DAMN, it looks so easy! i can almost see myself converting mine into AWD, :supz:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:47 pm 
CSM Junkie

Automatic, that's what I'm talking about, :twisted: :wink: looking good man keep us updated with pics :P

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:50 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Thanks man and I have been busy with work and school lately so I haven't had much time to work on her but I did just receive this in the mall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :supz:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:28 am 

Bringing this car back to life!