4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:04 am 
Some call me a god

The rearend is differnt as well. But you can get an 4bolt out of any auto talon. I actually have 2 of these. You can use your 5spd axles. Just need the pumpin its self.

Also with the eprom TCU, you can have a duel image map burned. Or so i was told. when you have the auto switch on "economy" it would shift at normal RPMs and regular line pressure. Then when you switched it to "power" It would shift at xxxx RPM's at WOT and make full line pressure. If that makes since. Its late and im tired. I did alot of research on this as i was going to make the Teal AWD auto.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:21 am 
Some call me a god

The most important mod for an auto is a big tranny cooler....Red sleeper is right you can burn it to use the eco/power button...You can also do it by throttle using the tps signal so when you go over 75% throttle you get full line pressure and rev to 8---- rpms If you stay under 75% throttle you will be using the stock map....I hope that makes sense....Here are some links for you....

http://www.foreignmuscle.com/

http://www.roadsurge.com/products.php This is the one i run....

http://www.importperformancetrans.com/m ... auto.shtmlScoll down on this one...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:20 pm 
CSM Junkie

I actually want to convert my evo1 to auto. dont know if i can go through with it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:12 pm 
2nd Banana

My buddies and I came up on a '92 GSX Auto in the junkyard today with everything still intact, minus a TCU. It's on like donkey kong now!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:22 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
My buddies and I came up on a '92 GSX Auto in the junkyard today with everything still intact, minus a TCU. It's on like donkey kong now!
You guys rock! Nick is going to pull it tomorrow morning for me :drinkers:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:37 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

You can run an auto without the TCU, you just have to make your own shifter dip switches. Search Tuners or whoever else and you'll find it. A buddy of mine ran 11's all day on his STOCK longblock and STOCK tranny with a shift kit and stall converter. Most of his shit was from IPT. You should look into it.

You will want a stall converter and line locks, or else you will take off every time you try to power brake it. My buddy was doing 20+ PSI launches and it was awesome. 60' is VERY consistent.

I must digress.....I love 5spd, but his auto could spool a 60-1 nicely. I think you will like the auto. Just dont do the TCU, its bullshit. Make your own shifter with dipswitches.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:32 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
You can run an auto without the TCU, you just have to make your own shifter dip switches. Search Tuners or whoever else and you'll find it. A buddy of mine ran 11's all day on his STOCK longblock and STOCK tranny with a shift kit and stall converter. Most of his shit was from IPT. You should look into it.

You will want a stall converter and line locks, or else you will take off every time you try to power brake it. My buddy was doing 20+ PSI launches and it was awesome. 60' is VERY consistent.

I must digress.....I love 5spd, but his auto could spool a 60-1 nicely. I think you will like the auto. Just dont do the TCU, its bullshit. Make your own shifter with dipswitches.
Interesting info, I'll look into it. Thank you.

It's going to be an interesting project. I have some tricks to try on this thing while it's open for the rebuild. I have all the parts now bar the TCU - so maybe I'm good to go... Shit, I could even make my own TCU for that matter. That actually sound like a great idea!

I've always HATED autos. Even my jeep is a 6-spd. There are just so many positives in this situation that anything else seems like waste of time and money.