4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:56 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:00 am 
Restricted Newbie

Hey guys haven't posted in awhile but I'm back with renewed vigor. As some of you might remember I picked up a colt for a winter beater last winter (got it for 250$ in great shape) with the intention of it not lasting after the winter. Well my civic project took longer than expected (funny how that happens) so my trusty little colt has been my companion for the last year and a bit. I raced it to stunning 18 second quarter mile times lol and I had the intention of boosting the 1.5 but after several people on here warned me against it I decided to take your advice and leave it be. That brings me to now. Just put my race motor in my civic (sleeved block, manley rods, arias pistons etc etc) so the colt was coming to a crossroads in my ownership with it. That was until 3 days ago when I purchased a 95 TSi AWD talon for $500. The motor is great but there is rust all in the shock towers and is pretty much unfixable SO I'm going to swap it all into the colt.

I know how to get the rear AWD stuff into the colt but what I don't know is whats required to get the 4G63 and tranny into the front. If you know of any threads that can tell me what I need to know please feel free to post a link and I will follow that thread. What do I need to strip off the Talon in order to complete the swap before I part it out and send it off to the junker? Again if there is already a thread with these details don't hesitate to post a link for me!!!

Some questions I have in the mean time though are this... I noticed the talon is a lot wider and seems longer than the colt so what axles and suspension do you use when converting to AWD? I assume you must switch to the talon 5 lug? Is there an easy way to triangulate the rear AWD to make sure its true and in the right spot? What driveshaft do you use for this swap into the colt? Lastly what model or year DSM or Eclipse comes with the Viscous Slip rear diff?

Sorry for all the questions I will be sure to post up lots of pics and video's of my progress or lack thereof haha.

Berz out.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:16 am 
2nd Banana

Quote:
Hey guys haven't posted in awhile but I'm back with renewed vigor. As some of you might remember I picked up a colt for a winter beater last winter (got it for 250$ in great shape) with the intention of it not lasting after the winter. Well my civic project took longer than expected (funny how that happens) so my trusty little colt has been my companion for the last year and a bit. I raced it to stunning 18 second quarter mile times lol and I had the intention of boosting the 1.5 but after several people on here warned me against it I decided to take your advice and leave it be. That brings me to now. Just put my race motor in my civic (sleeved block, manley rods, arias pistons etc etc) so the colt was coming to a crossroads in my ownership with it. That was until 3 days ago when I purchased a 95 TSi AWD talon for $500. The motor is great but there is rust all in the shock towers and is pretty much unfixable SO I'm going to swap it all into the colt.

I know how to get the rear AWD stuff into the colt but what I don't know is whats required to get the 4G63 and tranny into the front. If you know of any threads that can tell me what I need to know please feel free to post a link and I will follow that thread. What do I need to strip off the Talon in order to complete the swap before I part it out and send it off to the junker? Again if there is already a thread with these details don't hesitate to post a link for me!!!

Some questions I have in the mean time though are this... I noticed the talon is a lot wider and seems longer than the colt so what axles and suspension do you use when converting to AWD? I assume you must switch to the talon 5 lug? Is there an easy way to triangulate the rear AWD to make sure its true and in the right spot? What driveshaft do you use for this swap into the colt? Lastly what model or year DSM or Eclipse comes with the Viscous Slip rear diff?

Sorry for all the questions I will be sure to post up lots of pics and video's of my progress or lack thereof haha.

Berz out.
I would not recommend using 2g AWD components. All 1g AWD's had a viscous rear LSD except for '91's with ABS, but only a handful of 2g's had them and it was extremely rare.

There are plenty of peoples' build threads on this forum. The answers to all your questions are all on here if you search for them. Good luck.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:37 pm 
CSM Junkie

Yeah the 2g is the wrong parts car to swap all the parts to the colt seeing that they are different suspension set up than a 1g awd. So I don't think you will be able to swap the 2g stuff in there, you can try like hell but not worth it. Sorry to be the one to give you bad news. :(