All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: awd hyundai
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:17 pm 
Restricted Newbie

whos done it

Post subject: Re: awd hyundai
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:41 pm 
Some call me a god

I dont think anyone has done it, but its possible.

Anything is possible if you have enough imagination and money. They put a viper motor in a thing they call a "bike".

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:48 pm 
Now Drives a hybrid :(

I saw one for sale on craigslist/autotrader/cars.com like 2 years ago, he wanted like 10 grand for it. I called the guy to get more info and no answer, searched all over the web...nothing. It was an white elantra. So looks like it can be done, but no one on this board has done it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:53 am 
CSM Junkie

There is a guy in CT that has a 96 hyundai elantra that has a 4g63t swap and awd thats into the 10s which I have seen in person and it's nuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZEGj-RXfyA

BUT I am also doing 4G6T AWD AUTOMATIC swap in my 95 Hyundai Elantra, as soon as I get another mint running Daily Driver, the car is going under the knife,lol :D I'll keep you guys posted when I start my swap and will post pics as well. From the looks of things I might be able to start it on febuaury, so stay tuned,lol.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:20 am 
2nd Banana

Quote:
There is a guy in CT that has a 96 hyundai elantra that has a 4g63t swap and awd thats into the 10s which I have seen in person and it's nuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZEGj-RXfyA
I've heard rumors about that car, like it's actually a 1g AWD chassis with an Elantra body over it. I've seen it at the shootout, and there's just something odd-looking about the car that I couldn't put my finger on.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:26 am 
Some call me a god

As Tony said, that Elantra isn't an AWD conversion car. It's a swapped shell car. He did a solid job IMO, and its a quick setup. But I'd much rather keep the 1g in tact than do what he did. Last I saw he was going 10.80s with a bolt on 35r and nitrous.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:58 pm 
Restricted Newbie

i have seen the car before, and from a distance it is pretty weird to see fly down the track, but once u get up close u can tell that its a 1g with elantra body work, sick sleeper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:58 am 
Some call me a god

how do you swap a shell on a unibody car that doesnt have a full solid frame???

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:05 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:

A lot of cutting and welding :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:40 am 
Restricted Newbie

this is my car!!!!!!!!!!! it was done 2yrs ago the cars fastest time was 10.1@ 135 with a 1.40 6oft... no nitrous. stock ecu with a VPC. 28 psi on an fp 35r mitsu houseing... the car is for sale that is the old set up and it made 550 hp to the wheels. it now has made 730hp with 35r 75 shot aem jic suspension custom twin pump in tank setup... msd dis 2 box, msd coils out of a ls1 with iginiters. buschur fmic 3in upper ic pipe twin tial bovs 1000cc injectors... i wanted to go back to the track with all of this stuff but time ran out. i figured it would go 9.3 to 9.8 depending on 60 ft.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:45 am 
2nd Banana

Quote:
this is my car!!!!!!!!!!! it was done 2yrs ago the cars fastest time was 10.1@ 135 with a 1.40 6oft... no nitrous. stock ecu with a VPC. 28 psi on an fp 35r mitsu houseing... the car is for sale that is the old set up and it made 550 hp to the wheels. it now has made 730hp with 35r 75 shot aem jic suspension custom twin pump in tank setup... msd dis 2 box, msd coils out of a ls1 with iginiters. buschur fmic 3in upper ic pipe twin tial bovs 1000cc injectors... i wanted to go back to the track with all of this stuff but time ran out. i figured it would go 9.3 to 9.8 depending on 60 ft.
That's one hell of a sleeper you've got there man. Care to elaborate on how you did the body swap on a 1g AWD chassis? How much did the car weigh?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:51 am 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
you have to reinforce the floor it is way easier to do it the way ive done it than puttin 1g stuff in the car. now the car is a 1g, way easier to work on now that everything bolts together!! the other hard thing to do was line everything up, everything really was just cutting and welding+ lots of time. this car has over 250 track passes at least ,and over 10000 mi in just street driveing, nothing has ever broke or come apart. it is a weird way to 'swap' a car but its diffrent and it has been the most fun ive EVER had with a car in my life!!! if i had to do it again i would just use a ford rear end and '4link' it mabye back half it underneith the shitty hyundai sheetmetal.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:58 am 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
Quote:
That's one hell of a sleeper you've got there man. Care to elaborate on how you did the body swap on a 1g AWD chassis? How much did the car weigh?
cut the 2 chasiss apart by the pinch weldson the lower part of the the seams, then throw the talon body away, then carefuly set the elantra on top of the talon roller. you have to cut everything the same. measure twice cut once. it weights 2542 with me in it. the hardest thing was joining the firewalls, cause of the brake booster, but it looks like it belongs there now. it has been very sturdy i beat the shit out of this car and it runs and drives like a normal car. other than lookin like a big piece of shit with 245 50 16 under an elantra and being 5 lug nobody has even a clue untill im 10 cars away from them.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:21 am 
2nd Banana

That is seriously incredible that you did that. Mad props to you, my man. :salute:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:25 am 
Restricted Newbie

thanks