4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:35 pm 
Some call me a god

Nobody will pay any kind of decent money for the car and will only be more impressed and willing to pay good money for an AWD converion OG turbo car anyways. Chop it up.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:16 pm 

Quote:
You act like its some huge deal to hack up a Original turbo car.. Its not like they'll ever be worth anything. Its a damn colt
Yet, everyone still want's a pretty penny for one because "It a rare turbo CSM".

Find a base model auto to hack.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:24 am 
Some call me a god

A pretty penny? $2500 is what you will pay for a really clean one.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:10 pm 
CSM Expert

YEs keep the FWD maybe throw the 64t in there. Like evryone is saying get a 1.5 model like me and do the swap. I'm doing mine the the highest standard so if I ever do decide to sell her she will be something everyone will want. And I;m one to say this has not been the quickest build but will be worth it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:22 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Im guessing if you have 6 other cars in your front yard you might not want to take on an AWD project...just yet :-s

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:11 pm 

I say make it AWD. Who cares if it's original. Yeah, we all like these cars, but the reality is they're just not worth much monetarily. Cars are a hobby and you will never get more out than what you put in (collectable cars excepted).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:32 pm 
Now Drives a hybrid :(

Quote:
I say make it AWD. Who cares if it's original. Yeah, we all like these cars, but the reality is they're just not worth much monetarily. Cars are a hobby and you will never get more out than what you put in (collectable cars excepted).
guaranteed that this car will be a collectible!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:16 am 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
Quote:
guaranteed that this car will be a collectible!
i agree 100% not today or next month but one day they will be worth something. i have 3 turbo dodges and they were never worth shit in 86,87,89, but now people pay good money for them. dont chop it up,ive chopped up #ed cars and now im kickin myself. i understand that its just a colt/mirage but these bitchs are gettin rare. one day you will regret it.......... just my 2cents

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:56 am 

Well prices go up and up, when I first joined this board the average you would pay for a pristine 1.6t was about $900-$1500, now they are $2000-$3000. If you look at most other 89' cars they average from $400-$900.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:56 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
Well prices go up and up, when I first joined this board the average you would pay for a pristine 1.6t was about $900-$1500, now they are $2000-$3000. If you look at most other 89' cars they average from $400-$900.
ya i no that. my glhs omni was worth 9k new, now you cant get a garbage one for that price thats all rusted out and missing everything

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:07 am 
2nd Banana

Quote:
ya i no that. my glhs omni was worth 9k new, now you cant get a garbage one for that price thats all rusted out and missing everything
Are you serious? Anyone that would pay that much for a turbo dodge is completely out of their mind.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:18 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Are you serious? Anyone that would pay that much for a turbo dodge is completely out of their mind.
He said new, and someone paid $10,000 or more for our 3rd gen turbo colts originally.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:34 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

DO IT!.I'd pay good money for an og AWD C53.If I couldn't do it myself.If you buy a another shell you will still have a shell.After all the work is done,the OG Colt with low miles would be sitting while your driving a 200,000 mile chassis.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:08 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
Quote:
not really these cars have just as many followers as the colts/mirages. my glhs charger made 499 hp on an 8 valve motor with thousands of miles. t. dodges are more rare than a csm and they are numbered. they are just as durable. i love them all. on ebay right now is a $14k glhs omni with low miles and somebody will buy it im sure its not that uncommon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:11 am 
2nd Banana

Quote:
not really these cars have just as many followers as the colts/mirages. my glhs charger made 499 hp on an 8 valve motor with thousands of miles. t. dodges are more rare than a csm and they are numbered. they are just as durable. i love them all. on ebay right now is a $14k glhs omni with low miles and somebody will buy it im sure its not that uncommon
Don't get me wrong, I love those cars. I used to roll with a bunch of guys that were into them, so I know a fair amount of them and how rare certain models are. I wonder how much the GLHS cars would be worth if they DIDN'T have Carroll Shelby's signature on them though. :wink: