4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:29 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: AWD Tranny disassembly
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:25 pm 
Some call me a god

I am taking apart my tranny to try and rebuild it myself. I got the end cap off and all the bolts are out for the bellhousing. I only managed to break one bolt in the housing that I can fix once I get it apart. I managed to get the bellhousing maybe half an inch from the actual tranny case but it doesnt seem to want to go more. Should it come apart willingly? Or do I need to take the shifter linkage part out of the tranny too? I was just taking the two big nuts off the shafts that are in the end cap to see if that would help.

Now I am called into work so this is me asking for help... I have an exploded picture from the dodge dealer on the internals and which way each gear goes on the tranny but I am not sure if there is something I am missing.

Anybody have some torque specs too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:33 pm 

You have to get a puller and remove those two gears before you can get the case apart. Remove the clip and take the VC off too. Go to www.vfaq.com and click under drivetrain. There is a link for 1g and 2g tranny rebuilds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:24 pm 
Some call me a god

^^^What he said..Take the c clip off the vc and use a pry bar or puller take that off...Then take the fifth gear shift fork off you have to pop that retaining pin out to do so...Then use a gear puller and pull those off also take everybolt out of the tranny makes things easier...There are three 14mm bolts on the side take those off they have a spring and a ball in there don't loose those after that you should be able to take the housing off put the bell housing on the ground and pry around the two housing and wiggle it free...After you get them apart take the pin out of the 1st and second gear shift fork and you should be able to take the two gear sets apart also don't forget to take the reverse gear lever off it has two 12mm bolt holding it on you will need to take that off to get the the gear sets out...Ahhh just go to vfaq they have pics and everything it is super easy once you figure it out just go slow and remeber where everything goes...

P.s. good luck i did my first tranny last week went easier than i thought it would...

Davis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:29 pm 
Some call me a god

Damn, forgot to check that site :oops: . I just printed it off, thanks. I will be working on it tomorrow now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:58 pm 
The Silent Administrator

You'll find manuals for trannies located here too:

www.lilevo.com/mirage/Manuals

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:27 pm 
Some call me a god

I just need to wash off that little bit of varsol and paint it up now, or just clear coat it. Thanks for the info.