4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:09 pm 

Quote:
Wish some of you guys were closer to NC as I'd love to take on a project like this. Although I haven't done one yet I am fairly positive that I could.
I'm debating on moving to Asheville area in the next few months and I have a car that would love to have you do the awd swap, I'd like to help as well... :) And then after that I can give you my 4g and you can make it like yours. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:25 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Wish some of you guys were closer to NC as I'd love to take on a project like this. Although I haven't done one yet I am fairly positive that I could.
I'm debating on moving to Asheville area in the next few months and I have a car that would love to have you do the awd swap, I'd like to help as well... :) And then after that I can give you my 4g and you can make it like yours. :lol:
Sad thing is that Ashville is still about 4-5 hours away but still closer than Florida for sure. I wish there were a few csm'ers in my area as it gets boring working on my car alone. If you do decide to make the move let me know. Thanks for the props on my 4g too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:36 am 

Quote:
Sad thing is that Ashville is still about 4-5 hours away but still closer than Florida for sure. I wish there were a few csm'ers in my area as it gets boring working on my car alone. If you do decide to make the move let me know. Thanks for the props on my 4g too.
Well 4-5 hours isn't that bad. From where I'm at in Florida, it takes me 11-12 hours to get to Asheville/Lake Lure area. I'll def let you know if I make the move. If I move, I can make trips over to work on the cars once in a while. I'm leaving all my family and friends here in Florida, so my only occupied time would be at work, the rest of the time I'd be bored as hell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:13 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

I love the idea's of AWD cars being done, but if you don't have a garage or the ability to weld is a AWD colt a good idea? Things are going to break and then need to be modified down the road if you want to go faster. Investing all your money into your car is a no return situation.

We are all cheap when it comes to our cars, but everybody here in cleveland has invested money into there garage before investing it into there car.

Renting a garage (better to buy a house with a garage) and spending 500$ on a welded will get you much further in the game.

I am not trying to hate at all. I understand that some people just don't want to do the swap, but for the rest of us. This won't be your last car build so find a place to build many cars and you will be happier.

My .02

87 Conquest TSi, Coilover, huge sways
01 Dodge 2500 4wd cummins (tow rig)
91 Suzuki Samurai (Rock Crawler)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:16 am 
CSM Junkie

Yeah it really sucks for me that I don't have a garage at the moment were I used to have one where I did all my projects from, example : 4g63t swap the hyundai. I miss it so much that I can do pretty much everything and it sucks I don't have a place to do it.

Nowadays, people don't want to rent out garages that in volves people doing work in there garage for the fact that someone might get hurt. I hope I could find one soon so I could get some of my projects done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:50 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

89Mirageman hey i live in cameron NC rite now. I'd like to come up some time in my shit bucket.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:10 am 

Quote:
89Mirageman hey i live in cameron NC rite now. I'd like to come up some time in my shit bucket.
Sure thing man. PM me for a # and we'll set up a time for you to drive on up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:24 pm 
Restricted Newbie

How far are you from mooresville.