4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:07 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:44 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Quote:
under the hundai? that is currently a non turbo car
I know im just being an ass.
hahaha :lol:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:49 am 
CSM Junkie

As far as the colt is concerned, it is my main focus. I have a month worth of plates left on it and then i won't licence it for awhile. Here is my plan for what i will do this winter= (chime in with your thoughts if you have any)

new synchros- Mitsubishi dealer?
clutch- ebay?
clutch fork- i hear this is a good idea?
flywheel-fidanza?
b.s removal- ebay 20 dollar kit?
And obviously t-belt and seals
Whatever free/cheap mods i can think of.

I plan on relocating the battery back to the front of the car, cause i think having a cutoff switch is stupid, and i won't do it, just so i can run at the track next year.
MAD weight reduction
new tires- again just to run at the track. Will be going on 14 inch steel rims with white hubcaps. I thought of spinners or skull and crossbones, but that would maybe be a bit over the top. I want it to fly under the radar.
talon tsi front bumper cover- this will make it easier to conceal the intercooler.
Water/meth injection
Whatever else I/ you guys can think of.

Basically i want to max out the stock turbo before i even think about upgrading. And i really like the response of the 14b.[/quote]

Well its been a few months, still a work in progress, and plans have changed bigtime

new synchos=Joe hookup
clutch=centerforce dual friction (not ebay!)
clutch fork= stock
flywheel =maybe stock maybe fidanza
bs=mitsu dealer parts (whole kit was 47 bucks from the dealer! with 4g61 belt spacer!)
t belt and engine seals= napa
tranny seals= mitsu dealer

Relocated battery to the front
went with a laser bumper tsi bumper is :vom:

And then it gets interesting, i got joes old setupImage

20g
tubular manifold
evo 560's
that changed the plans a lot. Now all of a sudden i have to see how fast i can go for 3000 dollars. I'm hoping for 11's, but i'll probably wind up slower than i was on the stock turbo, with my luck. But it's so much fun building it when you're spending money!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:47 pm 
CSM Junkie

hey, how much did the new synco's cost? I'm curious to know what's the damage on them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:28 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Looks great, you should move to Cleveland. You will fit in perfect here LOL.

Welder and a dream FTW!!!

TROOOOTH!!!

Suggestion-keep the 5 bolt hubs for cheapness and easy of fixing. Rock out NA steelies with white hubcaps.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:33 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Well here's the new daily driver. 200 bucks

First thing i did with this thing was drive it to the weight scale. It weighs 2050 lbs!!!!!
That's wayyy lighter than a 3g hatch. My plan is to use this as a daily driver (i drive 170 kms a day, so i kinda need mileage. And hope and pray every day for the engine to die. Then in goes the 4g63t from that blue talon. It'll be a front wheel drive, so it'll be easy. It looks like the main hurdle with this swap is the hydro clutch. It's gonna be a suckfest, and i have no idea how i will tackle it.

I'm getting way off topic here i know, i just wanted to let everybody know what a car o holic i am.
Ever since the colt swap, I don't think i will ever swap another motor( besides the 4g63t.)
I used to swap a lot of toyota motors. Mainly supra motors. Not anymore.

MOTIVATION for you and me!

Click- http://thelotspot.com/images/jp/action/ ... C00186.JPG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:40 am 
CSM Junkie

I love the 4g. Its one of those cars that looks so generic. One of those cars that doesn't stand out/nobody knows what it is. If only i could get a donor car.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:25 pm 
CSM Junkie

Oh my god what have i done? Got the colt running again today. I ended up deciding to put the 14b back on it for awhile. It turns out a lot of the things i have done seem to have caused me a lot of trouble i didn't have before.

b.s removal- now the bastard is leaking oil, i suspect too high of oil pressure...

clutch fork pivot ball shim- why oh why did i do this? when i pushed my clutch in while it was running, i heard the nastiest grinding sound i have ever heard. Clutch is pushing in too far now, i had to adjust it at the pedal, now it doesn't sit quite right, on the good side it works very well other than that.

trans rebuild. Doesn't grind anymore. But i STILL can't hit 2nd gear at high revs!!!! SERENITY NOWW!!!! What a complete waste of time and money that was!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:20 pm 
Some call me a god

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:51 pm 
CSM Junkie

My build cost to date... dunno probably around 4 grand. I ended up running 12.99 at 108 with the 14b, 560's and maft setup.
Broke my 3-4 shift forks again! I suspect not enough preload on the input shaft.
Tranny is getting rebuilt again by me so not well. But it's getting evo 1-2 gear (double synchro 2nd Woo Hoo!!!) I kinda just bought a random dsm transmission and it ended up being an evo1-2 trans!
tre shift forks- modded evo 3 forks should be a little harder to break.

And the most important mod i have ever purchased- aem ecu
Remember when i said there would be a point where i would actually start spending thousands on this pos- well now's the time.

I still have 3 grand to spend. How to spend it? I know for sure i need
1000 or more cc injectors
fidanza flywheel- for sure
water meth injection
afpr
Jeez i might have money left over. I'm really only shooting for 400 fwhp. Maybe i actually upgrade the suspension, or paint. Naw i'll probably just buy another pos
Maybe i should get some cams?

By the way my whole mod list will be
stock motor cometic hg arp studs
20g tubular manifold
3 inch ex
2 1/2 intercooler piping HUGE intercooler
water/meth
centerforce df/fidanza
stage 1.5 trans
aem ecu
1000cc's
afpr
11.99 or better should be a really fun/challenging milestone to hit. If i play my cards right, i could do it easily with the mods i have mentioned. But i will most likely blow up my engine/transmission in the process. But that is why it's such an exciting time for me.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:10 pm 
Some call me a god

Uh oh, I think you have a bug. Its going to be a never ending project now. Someday soon my car will be running once again. I think you have more miles on your car in two years than I have had all 5 years, or has it been 6 now? :-? disappointing it is...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:46 pm 
CSM Junkie

It must be time for an update. It's been awhile. This is how it looks now.. Unfortunately its looking better all the time. A little less sleeperish all the time.

The latest modification= 3 inch exhaust from the turbo back all custom made by me. Even made my own muffler. This muffler is only 2.25 inch diameter. It is just nice and quiet for street use. I am still going to add a 3 inch cutout somewhere.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:32 pm 
CSM Junkie

Pretty cool project man! So you did actually get it out to the track and it ran a 12.9?

Thats pretty good! what were the 60' times?

Anything new to the 4th gen?

And welcome to the world of DSM trannys haha. I have blown up 5 so far in my 4g63t 4th gen colt.... I will be going to a FWD dsm tranny very soon. Just have to fabricate up the under motor crossmember to it all works and install the hydrolic pedal cluster i got from a 4th gen 1.8L 5-speed :) :)

Keep us updated when you get all those mods it!! this car should be hitting 10's in no time at all with all the stuff you have planned!

Keep it up!

-1992 Eagle Summit AWD 4g63t swap (SOLD)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:54 am 
CSM Junkie

I ran 12.99 in august with the 14b still on there. I think my 60 foot was 1.9 trap 108 that's why i changed the title from 12 to 11 second car. what i found out is an 12 second awd colt can easily be done for under 1000. 11 seconds is going to be a battle though. I have about 7000 or so into the colt now. The setup i have should be good for it no problem, but i am still looking for a tuner and there just isn't anybody in saskatoon who uses aem. I am forced to do it myself which means= no power

I sold that 4th gen. I decided i would rather build another hatch, cause hatches are just so much more practical. I bought two awd talons, a 90 and a 91. Both are black. I'm daily driving the 90. But i want to cut it up and i have been searching for colt #2 And after i get colt #1 running 11.5 then i'll take a break on it for awhile so i can swap colt 2. This one will be left fairly stock, it's going to be a daily driver. I have been tempted to start driving my super colt to work cause it has a better heater than the talon, but the 170 km daily commute is just way too much for the precious.

It's actually kind of weird not having a long list of things to do to the colt this winter. The 3 inch exhaust was my big job and now that that's done all i have left is the giant intercooler install. I have a 12x 24? 3inch inlet and outlet ebay intercooler i bought off a buddy from work. I don't think i will go 3" on my piping though, that just seems way overkill, take up too much space and ground clearance. I have been thinking 2.5
What do you guys think?
I know 3 inch intercooler and pipes will be laggy as hell, but i don't care I have antilag now. I also have nlts but i don't like it. I set it up and went and played with it a while back, It works but It can't be good for the tranny. I will only use that if i am stuck at 12.1 and need that extra 10th of a second.
I also have r compound tires i can put on it Just with those and the antilag i could have gotten my 60 down to 1.5 that would mean a et of 12.2
On paper the goal of 11.99 seems all too easy...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:39 am 
CSM Junkie

I think 11's is not far off.

I would concentrate on a good Methanol injection setup. That will act like a better intercooler anyways.

Two nozzles before the throttle body and a lot of guys put one pre-turbo as well.

And plus a decent meth setup is not that exspensive or hard to install either.

-1992 Eagle Summit AWD 4g63t swap (SOLD)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:31 pm 
CSM Junkie

I have a devils own progressive kit. I just recently installed it. It does nothing in -10 weather though (
imagine that) but i expect that it is going to be night and day in the summer heat.
I did some rough math i have easily over 7 grand into the colt now... Lot of money to spend in a year On a 200 dollar car no less.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next