4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:47 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:41 am 
CSM Junkie

Well, as you all I know I have a 4g63t hyundai and i am dead set on going AWD for next winter I would do it this year but I really want to bring my car to the DSM shootout with it and also get my motor tuned and set up so that way I just do a Awd swap, get it caged and a paint job for it. Well in the mean time I bought a 1g awd that was smashed bad that I got the car 3 weeks ago and now need to get the car striped and needs to go bye bye.

So last night I went to my buddy's house that the car was that and torn down the awd set up and much more. Pretty much took everything that I could think of and needed. Then cut the rear strut mounts where the rear struts bolt on it seeing how the hyundai doesn't have that type of suspension in the back. I'll take some pictures tomorrow to see what I torn down so you guys could get a kick out of it,lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:39 am 
CSM Junkie

:supz:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:02 am 
CSM Junkie

Well did some measuring for the awd swap for the excel and it seems that I'm not doing the swap on that. So I'm still am going to awd a hyundai elantra instead of the excel. This means the awd is not going to be wasted and going into a new ride for next winter.

Ok now that said I finshed striping the car down for the parts I needed and I have to say that I have a lot of parts for this swap,lol. It was a lot of time to take everything down but worth it in the end.

Here are the pics. of the parts I raped out of this 1g:

Yeah that's right I had to represent,lol.