4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:41 am 

Or just run it for free on Carfax, it won't give you any details but it will confirm that its a GVR4 or not. It may be a GGSX if its AWD, NT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:32 am 

The owner may also be clueless that it is not a GVR4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:50 am 
Some call me a god

Dont f*cking touch that car until your guy @ NYPD runs the VIN to ensure it's not stolen.

If it's a Galant GSX, you can still use the parts, however you will have to swap out the rear diff for a 1G AWD diff.

If you can get pics..... take some and post em here so some of us that are familiar with Galants can chime in.......

The most notable difference between a GGSX, and a VR4 are the
bumpers, and the side body cladding, and the rear trunk spoiler [which never came on the GGSX]

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:07 pm 
Some call me a god

If you go over to the car again, look on the wiring harness for the injector resistor box, that will tell you if it is most likely a ggsx or gvr4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:08 pm 

So I went lastnight to get my deposit back from this damn crook! When I pulled up to the house I noticed right away that the car was gone. Yeah, just a dirt rectangle where the car was just a day before. So I bolted to the door and rang the bell. The guy comes halfway out the door and hands me an envelope with my deposit money and tells me that the car was sold. Just like that, I didn't even get to introduce my NYPD buddy. I feel so stupid that I didn't get a vin, because I definetley know some real bull crap is up with that car and (Shady) Tony. Im glad I didn't end up with that car. Next time Ill be more carefull.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:10 pm 
CSM Expert

Surprised you got your money back

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:53 pm 

I had bouhgt a car in PA that lilevo posted up. No car...andthey said the place that it was at crushed it.

A painful live and learn. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:39 am 
CSM Junkie

yeah i have a Galant GSX and its a non-turbo 4g63 awd. the difference is that the tranny are different and the rear end too, meaning you can't use a 4g63 turbo clutch & flywheel because its different. Also GSX's are only made in 1 year (which is 1990) and they have no badage, no huge front
bumper and it should have a sticker saying "AWD" on the small side non- rolling windows. I bought my GSX for cheap money and it is so clean at that so i bought it. Then i swapped a 4g63t engine, tranny, wiring, ecu and rear end too. I was slower than shit running up hill not beeing turbo and now what a difference, i was glad i did it,lol.

if anyone needs to know anything about gvr4 or gsx's let me know or go to http://www.galantvr4.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?Cat= and you can ask these guys anything, they are a good bunch of guys there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:11 pm 

Quote:
yeah i have a Galant GSX and its a non-turbo 4g63 awd. the difference is that the tranny are different and the rear end too, meaning you can't use a 4g63 turbo clutch & flywheel because its different. Also GSX's are only made in 1 year (which is 1990) and they have no badage, no huge front
bumper and it should have a sticker saying "AWD" on the small side non- rolling windows. I bought my GSX for cheap money and it is so clean at that so i bought it. Then i swapped a 4g63t engine, tranny, wiring, ecu and rear end too. I was slower than shit running up hill not beeing turbo and now what a difference, i was glad i did it,lol.

if anyone needs to know anything about gvr4 or gsx's let me know or go to http://www.galantvr4.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?Cat= and you can ask these guys anything, they are a good bunch of guys there.
Interested in selling the GGSX trans/rear end??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:51 am 
CSM Junkie

Nope, and also a grv4 rear assmebly which I was told is different than a grv4 seeing how a grv4 has 4ws. So your best bet is to use a 1g dsm rear end and even if you find a galant gsx for parts , the rear end is different because of the gear ratio. I had to switch mine to a 1g dsm rear end when I did the 4g63t swap and 1g trans. So yeah you'll better off getting parts off a 1g dsm.