4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:15 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:44 am 
CSM Expert

:twisted: nice man thats great you have it in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:26 am 

Quote:
:twisted: nice man thats great you have it in.
its in, but not secured! I have the rear bar tacked in, so I need to add the studs. and start making the mounting points for the front of the sub frame. Should be lots of fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:23 pm 
CSM Junkie

Thats awesome, I love AWD just what do know if it harder to make my 4g63t hyundai awd. Any pics of project car would be great.

here is pics of her:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:41 pm 

Quote:
Thats awesome, I love AWD just what do know if it harder to make my 4g63t hyundai awd. Any pics of project car would be great.
Come again???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:49 pm 
CSM Junkie

yeah i what to make my 4g63t hyundai a awd monster any advise will help me alot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:20 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
yeah i what to make my 4g63t hyundai a awd monster any advise will help me alot.
find a wrecked awd.. rape it of its rear subframe and everything attached to it. lure a friend into your garage with beer or promises of sex with your sister. dropkick your old rear out of the car. fit awd system it car by spending countless hours swearing and rolling around the floor of your garage.

actually im sure the hyundai would be very similar to doing a CSM. poke around here and here--->... lilevo.com and im sure alot can be found. and when you get balls deep into your conversion ask here for help theres tons of car nerds just bursting at the seams with info.

good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:27 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Quote:
find a wrecked awd.. rape it of its rear subframe and everything attached to it. lure a friend into your garage with beer or promises of sex with your sister. dropkick your old rear out of the car. fit awd system it car by spending countless hours swearing and rolling around the floor of your garage.

actually im sure the hyundai would be very similar to doing a CSM. poke around here and here--->... lilevo.com and im sure alot can be found. and when you get balls deep into your conversion ask here for help theres tons of car nerds just bursting at the seams with info.

good luck
thanks, i been around DSMs for like 6 years now and i do everything myself but i have one hell of a project ahead of me,lol :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:42 am 
CSM Junkie

well at least post pics when you start
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:44 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:

thanks, i been around DSMs for like 6 years now and i do everything myself but i have one hell of a project ahead of me,lol :D

If you have any brains. and you've been around DSM's for that long. Its not that hard at all. I did mine, by my self NO help what so ever. in about 2-3 weeks working on it 4-6 hours a day. But i did alot of other things inbetween. Turbo/fmic/cross members/ blah b lah b lah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:24 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Quote:

If you have any brains. and you've been around DSM's for that long. Its not that hard at all. I did mine, by my self NO help what so ever. in about 2-3 weeks working on it 4-6 hours a day. But i did alot of other things inbetween. Turbo/fmic/cross members/ blah b lah b lah
what kind of welder you used? i have a 120 house welder thats a wire feed but it doesnt have argon tank to push the slack away. im just trying to figure out in my head how do to this, oh yeah forgot to mention that my rear suspension is not the same has a colt the spring and shock are serperate so i would have to cut it out and weld one from a colt i think.
so there is more there for me to do that, im going to call some buddies for this one,lol. today ill take a pic of my rear suspension and have you guys look at it to tell me what you think or advise before i cut,haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:27 am 
Some call me a god

This would be a start:
http://forum.4g61t.org/viewtopic.php?t=19874

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:41 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
ill take a pic of my rear suspension and have you guys look at it to tell me what you think or advise before i cut,haha.

Well we'll definitley ned to see pics first. And it wont be any harder than doing a c50 AWD swap. Get those undercarriage pics!

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:33 pm 
CSM Junkie

ok here are some pics from the rear suspension of my hyundai:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:41 am 

Alright fella's! i've been working hard and busting my ass with the little time i've had through out the week. I got the subframe in there along with the shocks. The thing sits on the ground fine and roll around the garage fine. I still need to hook up the Ebrake cables and calipers. Also need to mount the fuel cell and install a new trunk.

pics:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:47 am 
CSM Junkie

how come you have a 4 lug studs? cuz i have nice wheels that are 4 lug wheels and i dont wanna sell them if i dont have too.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next