4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:46 am 
Now Drives a hybrid :(

Use this if you want to post pics without the hassle and ads of photobucket. Make sure you use the same name and username as your 4g61t account username though. Please try to add only stuff you will post on 4g61t.org to keep 4g61t.org fast and portable.
http://www.4g61t.org/gallery/
-Dave

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:38 pm 
Some call me a god

I honestly forgot all about that. Had to take a few minutes and look at some of the pictures I had in there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:22 pm 

Oh kool, didn't know we had this, anywaise came up on flying eagle's pics and he had some pretty good stickers pics, for that one guy thats making them, sorry forgot his name.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:10 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Sweet. Some really interesting build information that I wasn't around for. Thanks for opening this up.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 12:00 am 
The Silent Administrator

Unfortunately those pics are not detailed enough. Good for reference all the same though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:00 pm 
Some call me a god

Hey Evo, what's the status on the gallery? I know I have a lot of pics that are stored on there and no where else; it'd be nice to have it back especially with the more recent contributions to the site. Thanks for any info!

94 Talon TSi AWD Auto - Sold
90 Laser RS FWD 4G63T - Hit and totalled

Summer - 2000 Pontiac Fireturkey Trans Am LS1 A4
Winter - 2006 Honda CRV K24 5MT

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:50 am 

Sorry guys, let me give you a little perspective for the situation...
Well right now I'm full time school(requirement of my job), and 58 hours a week at work. They are also calling me in this Saturday. In addition my wife is full time school, and she also has 8 hour clinicals 5 days a week(so without my wife working, I have to get mad overtime). Between watching my daughter, taking care of my disabled father, and school/work I have exactly 0 hours to spend on the website. :(

I need to devote a full 8+ hours at 1 time to it, because if if something major happens, the site goes down till I have time to bring it back up. I need to do it at midnight-6am when the board is at it's least amount of traffic. I have it in the back of my mind to get it done, just need a break in time to do it. :oops: It's not a dabble here and there, or slowly work on it type thing, the site needs to be down while I do it, or posts will be lost.

Status of events that needs to happen:
1. Notify all members of maintenance
2. DB backup (the present database) can take a while. Download backup.
3. Bring site down
4. Clone a few DB's (easy, copy and paste, rename)
5. Import DB (can take up to 4 hours for even a small one, at 25mb per cycle, 30min-1 hour per cycle) Gotta love shared hosting...
6. connect strings from database to website and files
7. Debug, swap between databases(see step 4) to see which model will work best(either 2 DB or 1)
8. Something I probably haven't thought of that will most likely bring me back to step 2 or 3, + hope and pray it takes less than 8 hours.
9. Notify completion to members. Get feed back on the members for any bugs that show up that I haven't thought of.
10. Take care of bugs.
11. Clean up unused files/databases. And hopefully not to go back to step 1.

If someone else wants to import the data base, I have the file, but just not the time/knowledge to do it really quickly and safely at the same time. I always can figure out something when I put my mind to it and buckle down.

I can try to do it Friday, but if I mess up, 4g61t will be down for a week. Otherwise it will have to wait, to when I step down to half time school in August. I haven't forgot you guys, and it's not like I'm going to drop off the face of the earth. I've been here almost 10 years. It's just taking longer than I expected, because of situations I couldn't fully predict.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:55 am 
Some call me a god

Dude you are busier than a one legged man at a butt kicking contest! Don't worry about it till you have plenty of time.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:17 pm 

Quick question and forgive me because I know nothing about this sort of thing. Some of the forums I'm on are set up to where you can add a pic straight from your computer instead of having a separate gallery. Would something like this be any easier?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:05 pm 
Some call me a god

It will take up more bandwidth and cost more per year to host the site. It can be tedious to load the pics onto a seperate site but if it means this site will be up longer I am all for it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:45 am 

The problem with PHPBB is that it stores all pics in 1 folder. Well, file systems start to crap out at around 1024 files. Its a limitation of 32 bit operating systems(if you go over it catalogs, which slows down everyone on the server). My host has me on a 32 bit hosting plan, so I can't go over 1024 files in a folder. I looked up a solution for this, but haven't go any info for the version of PHPBB that we use. I might look into this further after I get the old pics up and running.
Someone else posted the same issue and hasn't got a reply:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=2149231