4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:25 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:22 am 

if it has a dsm sticker on the fire wall its a dsm else no.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:58 am 
bill's colt has a dsm sticker on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:59 am 

That was me We will be there.

Charles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:30 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
That was me We will be there.

Charles
Hold on Charles, isn't April 24th the NOPI at Va Motor Park in Dinwiddie? Also, from an earlier thread, how can an Eclipse be DSM and not Mirage? A distinctio without a difference, if you ask me. ('Course no one asked. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:24 am 
I really doubt that Buschur focuses all his lifetime efforts towards hating CSM's. Im sure running a shop and having a personal life leaves him with so much free time every day that he can sit around bitching about CSM's for at least a couple hours every morning! ;)
Even if he did dislike these no-frills econocars, why is it such a big deal that somebody you dont even know thinks differently than you? And for those NJ shit talkers, how many of you have actually been to the diamond star shootout? I can say Ive been there myself, and I had the time of my life!!!! (4G63Mirage can attest, we had a fruit and banana BLAST at the 2001 SO!!!)
Judging by the fact that Buschur invites all the shootout attendees to his own shop to 'hang out' and watch 600hp street driven DSM's on the dyno, I would have to say that he gets a pretty favorable opinion in my book.
No matter what Dave 'might' think of my car, Im going down there this year. Theres hundreds of DSMer's down there that will like your car, and will give you props for being different than the rest of the 1G/2G's in Norwalk. Is that not reason enough?

Just because you guys might not be abled to afford his parts, or he doesnt make stuff to fit our needs doesnt mean he's a hater. How can a guy whos been tuning 4G63's for almost 15 years really exhibit that much animosity over a stupid car? If youre so bent out of shape over losing out on the 'DSM Powered' class, run with the FWD DSM's. (you'll have the weight advantage anyways, so quit yer' bitchin!)
My rant is done.
regards,
Paul A.
91 Colt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:11 am 
CSM Junkie

That was me above. God damn I suck at the internet! :)
regards,
Paul A.
91 Colt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:22 pm 

Quote:
bill's colt has a dsm sticker on it.
there are colts that are dsms as well as mirages and galants.

Post subject: E-Town inspection
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:10 pm 

My Mirage has a battery in the back, because of necessity. Does any know if the inspection guys at the shootout will throw you out for not having an outside shut-off for the battery or not having a scattershield on a car with slicks. The 2 tracks I go to let this slide, but their not NHRA.
Anyone have experience at E-Town? It's a long drive so I need to know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:14 am 

I'll definitely be there,since I'm only 30min away, not sure if ill be runing, i just finished this project, ill be mising tires, so i doubt I'll be competing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:19 pm 

i would love to go i'm going to see my buddy run his galant vr-4 there he's shooting for 11s my car is still pretty stock just did the suspension and exhaust working on the rest little by little so i won't be ready to run yet but i will show up with my colt none the less

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:12 am 
CSM Junkie

i weekend away. are yous that are going ready? got my car up an running like a week ago. hope to see more c/m there this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:26 am 

If my insurance cards come in before , Ill pimp my mirage there, won't be racing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:08 am 
Some call me a god

First off, I was at the DSM shootout, and not one word was said about my colt. Dave even said it was "interesting". Their was maybe 2 other colt/mirages their, and they were not hated on, so I dont know what you are talking about.
And I highly doubt the east coast shootout will be as good as the real shootout.

06 C6 Z06- 600whp NA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:22 am 
Some call me a god

So Bushcur dislikes Colts/Mirages with DSM motors because they are not DSM cars but they like Starion/Conquest enough to run 4g63t in them even though they aren't DSM?? I'm confused.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:30 pm 
CSM Junkie

:o I'm not trying to divide the group, but there is also a NOPI meet in Petersburg, Va. on the 24-25 (this week-end). I just have to go to the closer one. I'm not trying to get others to follow, but, if your there, look for a bumperless silver Colt. :lol: Customthecoltgt(aka. Charles) and I will be there with some others from a caravan. (Still need to crank in some boost, I don't expect much. More like test and tune.)