4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Back to the track
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:45 am 
1595 cc's of fury

Well, last night I took the Black Widow back to Bandimere to just have some fun and try out my new interior. Thats right, she nearly has all the interior back in with some tastful weight reductions (thanks to Steven aka biglady112). Having already dealt with the issues of getting kicked out, and lacking funds to do a proper cage, not to mention getting away from my real intentions of this car. I miss driving it and with gas prices as they are, I figured I would make the Widow a little more streetable.
I raced the car in the same trim as I drove it to the track.

Full street set up results:
12.319 @ 125.43
2.15 60'

I got in nine passes, most in the 12.5-12.6 range. I was trying to relearn this car with the NLTS and running 23-24 psi all night. My two 12.3's were ironically done without NLTS as I had a hard time changing the way I have driven this car for almost 1000 passes. The NLTS was dramatically increasing my tire spin as you can imagine, resulting in much slower 1/8 mi times and mph.

It was funny to look at the difference in my fastest NLTS pass of 12.515 @ 124.27 vs my best pass. My best pass 1/8 mi mph was 96 mph and the NLTS pass was 86 mph!!!

Oh, and I guess the weight change is what most are interested in. Previous time at the track the car weighed 2100 lbs w/driver and under a 1/4 tank of e85. I put back in all the plastics and seats and with about 5/8's tank of e85 she weighed 2240 lbs w/driver. I'm estimating I gained about 100-115 lbs from the interior.

Later,
Bobby

SOLD to the fastest shifting hermaphrodite in CO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:29 am 
CSM Junkie

Well, the E85, assuming it weighs similar to gasoline, is 8lbs/gallon, so around 40 pounds for that - your estimation seems pretty good.

Nice times! NLTS is death on FWD lol unless you're running 15x15 tires up front... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:38 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

Your not kidding there, the NLTS just made my already suffering traction worse. I think I'm gonna try running 20 psi and using the NLTS to see if it settles down a bit in 3rd. I could get out of the hole alright but after making the 1-2 shift it almost felt like I hit the brakes as the tires would immediately spin to red line. 3rd was no different so I was quick shifting to fourth at around 75 mph and riding it out.

I am considering going to another track and running the slicks to see how it does.

Its pretty funny to see all the interior back in the car! Its been gutted for over 6 years now. Its deceivingly light but I need to get a cage and the total weight over 2400#'s if I want to run in any competative classes.

SOLD to the fastest shifting hermaphrodite in CO