4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:01 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:28 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Well as some of you know I have recently switched over to the FWD Auto world and am looking for some advice as the current setup does not have enough poop to make me even somewhat considerable for Pinks. I have no doubt that the auto has made a huge difference and will help get me down the track faster than a 5 spd car, but the 16g just wont get me there. so here is my question. What should I do about my setup now. it is stock bottom, hks 264 cams int/exh, SBR manifold w/out wastegate port, evo 3 16 "GT" turbo, evo 3 O2 housing, 2.5inch exhaust under front bumper, 2.5inch IC piping to TB, Evo 8 front mount, 750cc FIC injectors, 2g mas w/k&n filter, injen intake pipe, IPT Electromatic controller, huge tranny cooler, stock torque converter and tranny, tunning with a SAFC2 running e85.

the first couple of things I need to do is make new piping (short route it and for new IC and possible turbo), new intercooler, new exhaust that exits behind the passenger or driver fender maybe with dump tube for wastegate (the new turbo could change all of this anyway), slicks (26"), maybe some nitrous, and get a coilover suspension.

I need some opinions on what everyone thinks will get me to the low 11's maybe high 10's. I was initially thinking of doing a 50 shot to get me out of the hole, but dont think that will be a bad idea with any turbo. Get a restalled stock converter maybe 3800 rpm, so I can brake stand and spool it at the line and leave like a raped ape. So really I just need some setup recommendations and what everyone thinks I will need.

Thanks

Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:52 am 

Please move if not in the right section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:33 am 
1595 cc's of fury

The thing about auto's is making torque, your never gonna have the top end to compete with a 5spd car so focus on 1/8 mi times. I definately like the idea of a 50-100 shot on slicks. 1.5 60's are nasty and 370-400 hp with low 7's 1/8 mi will get you to low 11's - high 10's. But then there is the dependability issue.

If not nitrous, have you considered a 6152e and a 3800 stall...that to would be a nasty set up and make serious power.

SOLD to the fastest shifting hermaphrodite in CO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:06 pm 
Some call me a god

The cheapest way is to restall your stock converter and through some nitrous on that bish with some slicks...

Or just through some nitrous on and spray out of the hole...

M&H slicks 23.5 by 7.5 15 rim those would be plenty and you won't have to worry about fitment issues with them...

I have a nx nitrous kit for sale brand new wet kit let me know...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:55 pm 

I think I am going to get coils so I can clear and then get some draglites and 26 ish inch ones Like Corey G's setup.

Is your bro not going to use it now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:02 pm 
Some call me a god

No he decided not to the motor is making some stupid noice and he doesn't want to mess with it any more...I was going to use it on my car but wife said no.,.LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:13 pm 

ouch. that hurts how much for it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:33 pm 

I'm pretty sure you're not going to like 26" slicks. I have a set of M&H 24.5*8.5*15's mounted on draglites with a 4.5" backspacing. Sure they'll work with my GC and Koni set-up, but I don't care for the way they stick out past the fender. If I had to do it over I would get some 23*7.5*15's and a 6" rim with 4.5" backspacing, the reason being so I could take the front end down as much as possible like I'm suppose to. Traction will be my friend this year... bishes!!

On a side note, maybe you want to take a look at my intercooler and the set-up. It my be up for sale soon to the right person who's down with the struggle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:46 pm 

I want as much traction as I can get I could care less if it sticks out a lot. What does your IC setup look like? upload a pic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:55 pm 
Some call me a god

Grandpa has the best intercooler set-up on a csm....Paul you should pick it up...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:05 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

I think the 23" slicks will be plenty. 24.5" slicks max! You also want to think about the gearing differences you will have with a much taller tire. The Auto already has stupid long gears, slicks also grow which people seem to forget so your gearing gets longer. There are people pulling 1.6 60's on the 23" slicks without nitrous. With the juice you could likely see low 1.5's if your suspension can handle it. Bigger slicks aren't gonna help much if the supension isn't able to assist in the launch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:45 pm 

And then there's Bob, always spot on!! The point I was trying to get across was that I'm concerned about weight transfer. I want as much weight on the front-end as possible, which means I need to get something that fits inside the fender. I'm going smaller next time.

With the front-end dropped about an 1-1/2" right now with the 24's I'm seeing about an 1" gap to the fender. So when the tires start to go thru some changes(heat cycles) I'm not going to be happy.

Tell you what, pm me some digits and we'll set a time for you to come by the house and I'll pull out the grinder and take the calipers down and you can see what I'm talking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:05 am 

that is what they run on OGP's car and it seems to work good for them...... NO offense bobby, but the auto is not at all what you think, you really have no idea. I am still having to pedal thru 1st and 2nd if I go from stop. I want more meat and height the longer I am in the gear the better.

John PM sent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:55 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

Why do you want to stay in a gear longer??? Gearing down is your friend in the 1/4 mi and honestly your not making enough power to benefit from longer gears than the auto already has. Maybe if you get a larger turbo or a large shot of nitrous but still. If your tranny is slipping as you say, then going to a bigger slick is only gonna make it worse.

Trust me about understanding pedalling...do you want to drive my car and see what smoking the tires at 85 mph is like? All you have to do is ask and I will let you at your own risk. This isn't on street tires either... I can promise your traction issues are nothing like mine, auto or manual.

OGP's car may be auto but is a different set up, what works for one doesn't always work for another. 24.5" will be plenty big for you, even with a 50 shot and they will grow to over 26" by 100 mph. If you do go to a much higher stall then by all means, get the 24.5" slicks.

I think you need to address your suspension issues first, your completely unloading your front tires off the line. Have you done anything like put stiffer springs and struts in the rear? Hell, you can use a set of AWD rear struts and springs.

I just want to see you competative, but if you feel I'm steering you in the wrong direction....ignore me. I'm slow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:50 pm 

OGP's car is no longer auto, I think he had problems getting the auto mounted up in his car. There isnt many auto 3rd gen's that I know of, so its going to be interesting to see what numbers 240addiction's car runs. Your going to want atleast a 24inch tire, I think a 25inch is going to be the way to go, my friend has run the numbers, and a 24inch tire is going to top out 3rd gear in your auto around 120mph. Your not going to want to shift into 4th in the quarter, IMO 25inch should work out quite well in the quarter