4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:02 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:49 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Why are your traps looking so low on those runs with that much horsepower in such a light car?
Thats a great question cause the car should still trap higher with that kinda power. Though on the one pass he bogged goin into 3rd, and any time you bog a turbo car that hurts trap and ET. When he turned the boost down look how much better he trapped and how much lower his ET was, cause he was able to hook instead of blow tires and not build speed. I just let it peg the revlimiter and wait to build speed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:16 pm 
Negative Nancy

Quote:
Why are your traps looking so low on those runs with that much horsepower in such a light car?
The trap speeds reflect too much power on radials. I didnt understand it till i bought mine. At the track, ls1's run mid to high 13's all day, but ive run a few of them on the interstate at a 65 mph roll, and i can pull away from them like they had it in reverse :finga: !!
But from a dig, my car leaves the line slower that my 1.5 hatch if i dont go easy on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:07 pm 
Some call me a god

Spinning or hooking, your trap sould stay relativly constant.

8valve prick posted PTT Colt's run as an example fo this. I went 12.7@110 with 210whp and 230 ft lbs. @ 400whp, you should see no less than 124mph in a full weight Colt, with bald tires of slicks.

I am not trying to be a prick, I am just saying you are missing 14-16mph somewhere. If you indeed made 400whp, something is worng now.

06 C6 Z06- 600whp NA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:06 pm 
Negative Nancy

The car has made 400 @20 psi with a good tune when Nate had it. I have never had the car tuned since i have had it, just tuned it very rich all the way across the board on the apexi cause i didnt know where the car was as far as A/f. My knock light should be here in a few days and so should my AEM wideband. Until then, the tune on the car is up in the air. I have since fattened the fuel curve up since the weather has been in the teens in the evenings cause the car started to cut out at 6000rpm till i moved the curve up 4-5 % numbers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:10 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
The car has made 400 @20 psi with a good tune when Nate had it. I have never had the car tuned since i have had it, just tuned it very rich all the way across the board on the apexi cause i didnt know where the car was as far as A/f. My knock light should be here in a few days and so should my AEM wideband. Until then, the tune on the car is up in the air. I have since fattened the fuel curve up since the weather has been in the teens in the evenings cause the car started to cut out at 6000rpm till i moved the curve up 4-5 % numbers.
What do you logs look like? I'm assuming you have a datalogger with the setup your car has.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:48 am 
Negative Nancy

Im affraid i dont. Just havent got one yet. Other than seeing what some of the sensors are reading, why would i need it if i am getting a wideband. and will have a knock light. I am not against getting one. ive seen the color pda's with the mitsu cable and software already downloaded for 50-75 on ebay. just havent got that far yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:17 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Im affraid i dont. Just havent got one yet. Other than seeing what some of the sensors are reading, why would i need it if i am getting a wideband. and will have a knock light. I am not against getting one. ive seen the color pda's with the mitsu cable and software already downloaded for 50-75 on ebay. just havent got that far yet.
Wow. Once you get your hands on a datalogger and actually see what it can do for you you'll have wished you bought it a lot sooner. WB is great for tuning the car for full throttle, but logger can do so many things. Like you said it can pull codes, log timing, which every good tuner knows timing makes power, fuel trims, coolant temps, IAT, inj. duty cycle, check solenoids, so on and so on. Its just a must have for any DSM with any slight upgrades. If your car is tuned properly you won't get any knock so you don't have to worry about that knock light going off :D .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:17 pm 
Negative Nancy

Thanks for not bashing me based on ignorance on my part, just meant i hadnt got one yet, and i know its an important tool to have. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:22 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

a 400 hp fwd car cutting a 2.6 60' on dr's only means that you need a boost by gear setup. either control it with ur ems or get a good standalone boost controler. that along with stiffer suspension in the back 850 lb/in and up at least.

not sure if anyone mentioned that yet, its 2 am here just got home from second shift and its the first thing that came to my mind with a car like that. it should be kissing the 10 sec mark if not sligtly passing it. with slicks DEFFINITELY A 10 SEC CAR. 4 sure.

Eduardo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:00 pm 
Negative Nancy

If someone had slicks , i would be bringing it off at 6000k.. Havent found slicks to save my ass?????? Anyone have a a set to put this hatch in the 10's....Im ready to buy/ Slicks or wheels. Nate did ask me why im messing around, i said i have no tires, and he said for me to quite BS'ing aroundand run a 10 already @ 25 psi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:25 am 
Some call me a god

Its not at easy as 1-2-3.

But do get some slicks.

06 C6 Z06- 600whp NA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:11 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
If someone had slicks

Since we're on this issue. I know underdog has done 11's on "stock sized" slicks and OGP's car has been deep in the tens on fatty slicks.....

Underdog, and Corey [OGP].... what wheel tire combo do you guys use @ the track?

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:48 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Dam.Impressive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:15 am 
Negative Nancy

Well, i guess i wont be going to the track this weekend. I was cruizin around town today and i slowed to about 15 mph to make a right hand turn and the outter cv on the drivers side broke. As i completed the turn the shaft clunked hard enough to jerk the car so i immediately pulled to the curb and popped the hood and every thing looked ok. I went down the street and made another right to turn onto the main drag. I merged with the traffic that was going 40 or so. When i came under a lil boost(5 psi) in first, it let go on me. I had to drive about 80 feet to pull over on the shoulder. As i drove, it still didnt make any noise, so i was like SHIT! i broke the diff, well it probably was already broke but that was enough to finish it. I popped the hood with the car in neutral. I reached down and could spin the outer shaft in the cup.. Thank god it wasnt the diff! But i hope that i didnt frag the outer splines that go into the cup. And i say this cause there was no binding up like when the bearings are just rolling around in there. I cant pull it till this weekend. The past few weeks, i didnt have time to cross reference the outer cv's like i said i was going to do. So does anyone know what car i can get the cup, bearings, and cage off of?? I called around today, and no one had a clue. I still have the other parts off the avenger shaft, so i will size them up later this week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:12 pm 
Negative Nancy

Ok, got the cv apart tonite and the cage that held the 6 ball bearings exploded. Thank god the cup is ok and the splines. I just need to get the cage and the piece that snaps on the end of the axles with the 6 fingers coming off of it. I also took the avenger cv apart and it is way bigger.