I found this pic in my old 91 awd colt build thread from April 2011 when the concrete was still curing.
So a few weeks ago I had $800-$900 burning a hole in my pocket and decided to clear that concrete pad from years of stuff and a project car
and get to work. Well as you can see I actually got to work before moving the 94 summit coupe.
First order of business. Borrowed my uncles scaffold and took a trip to Lowes for a 1/2" hammer drill, some anchors and some treated 2x6x12's. Lagged them to the brick and I was off to a good start. My brother helped me a little while and then my wife pitched in when she got home from work.
online photo sharingcertificity.com
Next I took some measurements and found out where my outer post needed to be. Bought some galvanized L brackets and more drilling and anchors and I had them loosely mounted. Then I temporarily screwed and clamped two more 2x6x12's for my outer header.
take a screenshotcertificity.com
Temporarily got my outer post level and braced. Then I marked the boards. Took each post back down and notched the top so that the 2x6 sat on top. I then cut two more 2x6's and screwed them to the first two for strength. Then found the correct angle and cut a few boards to join the inner and outer structures together.
Added a few more
photo hosting sitescertificity.com
upload gif from urlcertificity.com
Ordered up $396 worth of black metal roofing and trim/screws and it's all done. Worked on it off and on for 2 weeks. Learned a lot in the process. I'm happy and wonder how we ever got by without it now.