4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:44 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

After tracking down my fuel pressure issue to a clogged post filter element, I finally made it back to the track. There was an IFO event at Capitol City Raceway in Maryland, so I packed up the car and made the 1 hour trip up there. It was 26 degrees when I left my house and while it was atleast sunny out, it didn't get much above 35 the rest of the day. The cold weather and shitty track didn't help traction much and I ended up only getting two runs in due to oil downs and just overall terrible organization by the event staff.

First run I definitely should have taken more air out of the slicks. I had them around 12psi and when I rechecked them after the run they were near 20psi. Spun almost the whole track and ran an 11.3 at 137. Once it started hooking in 4th it was definitely moving though. Put a smile on my face for a good while haha.

It took almost three hours to get another run. Had the tires down to 8psi and ended up cutting a 1.65 60' and got locked out of second on the limiter. This isn't the first time that's happened, and it seems then ole 2600 wants none of it. I wanted one more run, but wasn't waiting around for 3 hours again, so I unbolted the slicks and drove back home. Somewhere along the ride home, something broke and leaked oil all over the timing belt side underneath the engine. I only noticed it when I got home and saw a puddle in the driveway while I was moving the Evo out of the way. Since there was oil everywhere I couldn't really tell where it was coming from and immediately thought it was another oil pump failure. Luckily it was just the oil pressure gauge sender. Unluckily as soon as I touched it, it snapped off in the housing. Spent today taking the housing off and getting the threads sorted and plugged. Hopefully tomorrow I get it back running and I'm trying to make a track day next Friday. I'm just going to try short shifting it and the goal is 10's. Here's the few pics I took and shitty video of the 11.3 pass. Hopefully more updates soon.

http://youtu.be/AvMNutF8GgY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:51 am 
Some call me a god

Damn, well done.

07 ZX6R

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:57 am 

congrats! What the setup? Have you weighed it?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:01 am 

Mod list..

Ross/Eagle 2.0L
T3 3582R non HTA
ERL w/ Tial 44
Forrester Intake
Kelford 272s w/ Crowers springs/retainers
Custom side exit exhaust/wastegate dump
SBR Race Front Mount
Dual Bosch in parallel from fuel cell
Griffin Scirocco w/ a Permacool 12"
Act 2600 and Clutchnet sprung 6-puck
1g trans with LSD insert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:02 am 

Quote:
Little Update:

Just bit the bullet and got some 2150's for the car. They really were a breeze to just throw in and pretty much drive with minor tweaking. I also threw in a 3-port solenoid for ECU controlled boost and put a flex fuel sensor in the car as I'm planning to be going back and forth between pump and ethanol pretty regularly. I drove the car about 50 minutes south of me to Dave Katz to have him tune the car. The car ended up making around 450whp at 24-25psi on pump and we didn't push it to much more. During one of the E85 runs, we noticed some oil dripping from the timing cover and called it a day. It ended up being the oil pump eating itself into the case, so I got a new front case, pump, and added a GSC Race Balance Shaft to hopefully prevent future oil pump issues. Back on the dyno with E85 and around 33-34psi the car ended up making 613whp and 458tq. Overall I have nothing but positive things to say about Dave's help and tuning. Both were top notch and I'd recommend him to any DSM'ers in the DMV area. I have to sort out a few braking issues and then hopefully get to the track soon. Here's the dyno chart and I'll try to get a dyno vid up here soon as well

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:04 am 

I should move to Cleveland. Maybe then I would be interested in playing with my car and it would haul ass like every other Cleveland csm.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:28 pm 

Quote:
I should move to Cleveland. Maybe then I would be interested in playing with my car and it would haul ass like every other Cleveland csm.
Haha thanks but I'd advise against that. I think it snowed there yesterday. The way I see it is everyone up north has a 6 month winter break where the only thing you can do is mod the car. If it was nice all year I'd never want to take the thing apart. I'm living in D.C. at the moment and my winter break has been shortened to about 3 months so its been a good trade-off.

I ended up having to take off the OFH to get the rest of the sender threads out. The hole is plugged now and it's back in action. Going to wire up the NLTS and wash it today. It's supposed to rain all week, but hopefully it holds off for a track day I signed up for on Friday. Hopefully have updates by the weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:33 pm 

Forgot to add the car weighs 2500lbs with me in it. So about 2320 without. Still have power locks, seatbelts, windows, and mirrors I need to eventually change to manual. Rear bumper beam is also still in the car, but I drive the car on the street a lot and kinda worried removing it with the fuel cell right there, so it's probably going to stay.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:16 pm 
Some call me a god

Great trap!!! How is the flex fuel sensor working for you?

06 C6 Z06- 600whp NA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:24 pm 

I used a GM sensor and it works perfectly so far. Only thing I have to touch is my boost duty cycles in DSMLink, but everything else changes automatically and scales itself from a 20%-75% ethanol mix. Matt sent me a dyno pic from Backstreet a few days ago. Congrats and looking forward to some videos soon.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:42 pm 
Restricted Newbie

I'd hate to have the job of writing time slips out all day! lol Nice MPH.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:31 am 

Congratulations man, FwdTeam yeah! Lol