4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:34 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:34 am 
Restricted Newbie

Before I start I wanna say this. I don't mean to offend anyone. Because clearly none of the responses given were offensive.

I enjoy being different when it comes to cars. I enjoy driving a CSM because its not the norm as far as tuners are concerned. It's not a Honduh, or a V-Dub, or a Bimmer, or hell......even a 240. IMO we have the best bang for the buck when it comes to speed and performance. But at the ripe ol' age of 32, I have been into CSM/DSM vehicles for 14 years, and most days I just wanna drive what I spent many long nights building. I don't wanna race it. I don't wanna fix it anymore. I just want to enjoy it. I'm on my third turbo build right now....and that's just CSM's.

Now where were we? Oh yea. Apparently fast cars can't have a "stanced" fitment according to 4g61t members.

All very ugly and non performing slow cars. Because fast cars can't have wheel fitment like that!!! Are we all that ignorant. It wasn't that long ago that these little cars were non existent in the tuner world. Now look at them. And some of you have the nerve to slander the thought of doing something different why? We drive $500 cars, with $2500 worth of motor, and $200 stock wheels we snagged from a Lancer OZ.

Any idea who was the first member to have an Impreza bumper on a CSM??? Now that was different right? Before that all you saw was 1G DSM bumper installs. Owning a CSM is about being different. It's about new things. If it wasn't for the 63T having such a huge availability of parts and a massive following we wouldn't have a leg to stand on. All we have is creativity and an open mind.

Stance isn't always about retarded amounts of camber. I agree, that's rediculous and serves absolutely no purpose. I'm looking for a wide stance, maybe a bit of stretch, and the perfect wheel. Maybe a staggered fitment just to be different. Because different is what I'm about. I choose not to be a sheep and rock the OZ's and a DSM bumper. Now then.....let the haters have the stage.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:56 am 
CSM Junkie

I want my car to be something to the effect of this. My new wheels are an inch bigger and an inch wider tho. If only I wasn't so in love with my stupid Raider.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:14 am 
2nd Banana

All I'm saying is that I prefer a car that is functional. I'm willing to bet none of the cars you posted pictures of have ever set foot on a race track, and if they did, they probably had wheels and tires that actually fit properly. Not 195's stretched across a 10.5" rim, or something to that effect. There's absolutely nothing "different" or "unique" about the stanced movement. It's just a trend.

I think it's cool that you've been a DSM guy for so long, and I think it's cool that you want to own something different. CSM's are great for that. One of the best sleeper cars out there. Unfortunately, it's not a car that easily offers a large variety of wheel fitments. You are severely limited by a solid rear axle, and absolute shit for suspension travel. The best you're gonna get is maybe a 7.5" or 8" wide wheel with some 205's stretched across it, and the car is gonna look like a pregnant roller skate going down the road.

[/hate]

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:16 am 
Some call me a god

Doesn't matter what your definition of "fast" is. Most people have no idea what a "fast"car is for that matter... All of those cars might be "fast" in a straight line, a couple of them might even take turns "decently". But stretched tires and mega f#$@%&* camber are not synonymous with "performance" (fast) driving and the vehicle that it takes to really drive "fast". It is a fad, it will go away(just like clear tail lights and aluminum spoilers) and the world will be better off without it. Until then, enjoy the shit out of yourself and go kill some tires, rims and wheel bearings!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:26 am 
Some call me a god

My STANCE, check out that fruit and banana poke yo!

My other ride with proper fitment and some good ol' ricer flare.

07 ZX6R

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:30 am 
Some call me a god

This thread

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:52 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

I honestly can say that I too am more or less influenced by the vdub scene in some ways and my colt proves it. I like wheel fitment, jus not the crazy cambered stretch my car won't handle worth crap and I can't drive it anymore fitment. I can see thats what you arent going for which is good. Anyways, hows this for different? (just waiting for Tonus to start the hate) I took this pic while stopped on a drive up Pikes Peak :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:55 am 
Some call me a god

Tony isn't the only hater! That looks silly!!!!

Is it real fabric or paint? Props if it is real fabric!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:58 am 

Its a vinyl wrap which can be pulled off easily. I've gone back and forth on pulling it back off. My hood was covered with swirls and hail damage and this was a late night out on a whim idea a few friends came up with. I actually like it, along with a lot of othe people too. But in all honesty, I don't even drive the car anymore. I picked up a b5 s4 a while back and i've just been driving the shit out of it instead of the colt. I plan on rallycrossing the colt next summer so I'll probably pull the wrap off after it gets screwed up from all the rocks and such. But hey, hopefully ill catch a few eyes with the car if I do good enough. :supz:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:16 am 
The Silent Administrator

I like this thread. Lots of fun to be "poked" and lots to back-up both sides of the argument. I like a clean look that would appear to be race capable, but whatever some one builds, it just has to be functional. Don't think we'll ever see the end of new trends and subsequent mods to these cars, but classic, clean and fast will always have it's place; it's always the starting point that interested a bunch of us, regulars or not. I may have to do something with my rear fenders, but cannot see myself fitting 10 inch rims within them. I still however, like the "look" of any car that is cleanly modified and to fully serve its purpose. I didn't buy the car and I don't have to live with it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:26 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Before I start I wanna say this. I don't mean to offend anyone. Because clearly none of the responses given were offensive.

I enjoy being different when it comes to cars. I enjoy driving a CSM because its not the norm as far as tuners are concerned. It's not a Honduh, or a V-Dub, or a Bimmer, or hell......even a 240. IMO we have the best bang for the buck when it comes to speed and performance. But at the ripe ol' age of 32, I have been into CSM/DSM vehicles for 14 years, and most days I just wanna drive what I spent many long nights building. I don't wanna race it. I don't wanna fix it anymore. I just want to enjoy it. I'm on my third turbo build right now....and that's just CSM's.

Now where were we? Oh yea. Apparently fast cars can't have a "stanced" fitment according to 4g61t members.

A fast car can be driven fast all the time, not just a blast once or twice from light to light because it's too low, rubs too much, less-than-smooth roads, etc.

I've been deep into the VW world for years, and have built cars like that for myself. My last car was an 83 Rabbit with an inch of space between road and oil pan. 13x8 staggered wheels, and 175/50s stretched on the wheels. It also had a 200whp turbocharged engine under the hood...and it was completely useless. Looked SWEET, but was completely undriveable due to lack of road clearance and too-stiff suspension. This is the car I loved, but unfortunately made me see the retardedness of the whole 'stanced' scene. When you end up spending more money on tires than gas, because they keep rubbing/wearing out due to camber...then you don't like cars, you like people seeing you in cars.

It's not hate dude, it's common sense. 20 years deep of the VW scene has shown me the truth.

You can build stuff any way you want, but don't fool yourself into thinking that any of those cars up top are anything other than the rolling version of a popped collar, designed to try to get as much attention as possible.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:15 pm 

Just because someone took a nice car like an M3 and made it look stupid and handle worse than factory, doesn't mean its ok just because it was a "fast" car they did it to. Ruined is ruined. To each his own though.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:40 pm 
Restricted Newbie

The above Plaid Pantry car looks sweet IMO. I too now rock a B5 A4 1.8t, bone stock.

Why is it that stance is continually being referred to as camber and tire destruction and all that is retarded? I won't argue with that for the most part. The pics I posted were simply to show that fast cars while being performance hindering could also rock the look (even if it looks rediculous to some or most). Now stance.....what's the true definition? The Urban Dic definition http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=stance The regular definition of stance

Noun

The way in which someone stands, esp. when deliberately adopted (as in baseball, golf, and other sports); a person's posture.
The attitude of a person or organization toward something; a standpoint.

Synonyms
attitude - position - posture - stand - pose

The posture of your vehicle is a stance. The "stance" of an old muscle car might be a rake. Nonetheless it's a stance. Stance doesn't always have to ruin a car. I'm simply looking for a clean look that's functional and different than the next. If I said I wanted 10" wide wheels in the rear of my CSM with a 4" lip would you say that's about as pointless as

Or what if I was to rock these with a perfect fitment for performance....what then... (I would laugh at myself)

I'm not looking to please anyone. I wanted an opinion and I got it. If I had an opinion on half the sh!t I saw on this forum I'd be banned for life.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:47 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:

:wink: Jk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:22 am 
Some call me a god

my belief and many others :partyman:,

Dumping our cars or Stancing them is calling for all kinds of trouble with the suspension ability to work like it should. I won't even put my car's fender no closer to the tires than a 1 1/2, any closer and I'm sacrificing the very little suspension travel the car already has, not to mention you have to run really aggressive spring rates to keep what little travel you do have from bottoming out and ruining struts left and right. This in tern also makes driving, yes I said it actually driving the car unbearable. Whoever say's I have such and such spring and shock on my car with it hammered and say's it rides good is clearly in denial and can't except the fact that it rides like shit.

FUNCTION > form.