4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:23 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: WTB: NEED HELP...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:43 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

ok i need a oil cooler wih lines that will fit my filter housing outlets. they are a size i cant find any where. i have a oil cooler really just need some lines with adapters or something to hook them up. i also need a new water banjo out let for my turbo, (or maybe inlet, not sure its the one on the front) its leaking all over had a small crack right below the banjo, and i tried to weld it but there is still a small pin hole that im done messing with. thanks, oh and as soon as i get these things on i can really go drive...

Post subject: Re: WTB: NEED HELP...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:12 pm 
2nd Banana

Why don't you save yourself the headache and just get an oil filter housing from a '90 turbo DSM and the stock oil cooler and lines from a '90 turbo DSM? Makes life a lot easier. Why do you have to run an oil cooler anyway? It's not 100% necessary.

Which banjo bolt are you talking about? The one for the water feed line to the turbo, or the water outlet? Is it in the front of the back of the turbo? The bolt itself is leaking, or the line going to it? Your post isn't too easy understand...

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:04 pm 

Deco. Im upgrading '90 style oil cooler to a B&M unit with SS lines currently on my car. I will be able to sell you a good '90 oil cooler with all the lines and fittings you need to connect to your '90 style filter housing. You will need to grab some new pushlock lines though, because the ones I have are old as the hill. Let me know if you want the setup.

Here's a bad pic from a couple years ago, but you can kind of see the setup. If interested I can send more pics.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:38 am 

ok i need the front water banjo line, well the tube that goes from the front of the turbo to the water pipe. i can use a barbed banjo, or just flar the pipe coming off one and run a hose, i have the bolt. also if i dont need to run a oil cooler right away i can wait, i really dont have much cash left. i am also finding that the bushing on the motor mount/ timing tensioner. its kinda loose and my timing belt is really sliding around on the pullys. im glad i got this thing running but dont want to run it till thats fixed. if any one has a good mount, with good bushings, or knows a part number please help.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:55 am 
2nd Banana

Quote:
ok i need the front water banjo line, well the tube that goes from the front of the turbo to the water pipe. i can use a barbed banjo, or just flar the pipe coming off one and run a hose, i have the bolt.
You don't HAVE to run water through your turbo. It won't effect anything. You just have to be more careful about turbo timing it if it's straight oil cooled.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:41 am 

well i do understand that, but i really dont want to take chances, i know that someone some place sales barbed banjos so i could run like a heater hose or something. thats what i have now but the leak is in a place i cant fix so thats my problem. thanks though, but i really just want it to be right you know.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:04 pm 

You need something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/14MM-FUEL-OIL-BANJO ... 33581313dc

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:40 pm 
2nd Banana

Quote:
well i do understand that, but i really dont want to take chances, i know that someone some place sales barbed banjos so i could run like a heater hose or something. thats what i have now but the leak is in a place i cant fix so thats my problem. thanks though, but i really just want it to be right you know.
I'm just saying, if you need to get the car on the road, you can get it on the road without water cooling the turbo.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:46 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
ok i need the front water banjo line, well the tube that goes from the front of the turbo to the water pipe. i can use a barbed banjo, or just flar the pipe coming off one and run a hose, i have the bolt.
You don't HAVE to run water through your turbo. It won't effect anything. You just have to be more careful about turbo timing it if it's straight oil cooled.
Umm... I don't believe this is the best advice. That line is there for a reason. I know that some turbos don't have them but it seems that Mitsu Turbos don't like to run uncooled. Wears them out faster even if you "Turbo timing"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:22 pm 
2nd Banana

Quote:
Umm... I don't believe this is the best advice. That line is there for a reason. I know that some turbos don't have them but it seems that Mitsu Turbos don't like to run uncooled. Wears them out faster even if you "Turbo timing"
Yeah, the line is there because they run water through them for extra cooling. It's not 100% necessary. I know lots of people who have deleted the water lines from their Mitsu turbos and they work just fine. I've been running a Garrett turbo for over 50,000 miles with no water cooling, I don't even turbo time it, and it's still kicking. I'n not saying it's better to take the water lines off, they are there for a reason, but if you're stranded or desperately trying to get the car running you can do without them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:34 pm 

i do know that not all turbos are water cooled, and i didnt even think about just not running the car without them on a turbo that was ment to be water cooled. i do need the car up and running but i really need it to be 100% maybe for tunning i can deleat them for now but will need them back on asap. as for that banjo on ebay, that is just what i want, mirageman, do you know if that is the right size? hell i dont even care if the bolt is the wrong threads, as long as the banjo will fit my bolt. also i need to know a part number,,,, on the timing tensioner, the swing arm, there is a bushing inside ther that keeps it all nice and tight, mine is a little loose, i packed it with grease but my timing belt is still sliding a little to much. i need that bushing, does anyone know what im talking about?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:48 pm 

Yes, that front bolt is a 14mm. I think I have an extra tensioner/swing arm assembly with a good bushing if you can't find one local.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:16 pm 

ok so with miragemans link i found what i need to run a 6an ss line for my water, should work out well. i also found oil cooler lines from another member. onlything left is the timing tensioner swing arm bushing, and im set. mirage man please let me know on that shipping. other than that, mods you can lock this up. thanks everyone

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]