4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:27 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:35 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

I have gone back and forth on selling this car but i have realized this needs to go. I have been daily driving #435 for 4 months or so now. This is a 1991 Belize Green with 22x,xxx miles on it. I have put quite a bit of blood and time into the car since I bought it about 6 months ago. I replaced the engine with a rebuilt engine and lots new parts. I have only put about 5000 miles on the car since I got it up and running again. I bought the car from the second owner which owned it for 6 years. The paint and body is pretty good with no rust at all. The hood and roof both have oxidation on them as usual. The interior is all there with a few minor seam splits in the front seats. Car runs and drives good. I actually have been using it as a tahoe weekend warrior for the snow this last month. I drove it for 5+ hours in the last snowstorm with no issues.

Bads:
-Boosts steadily around 12psi but then jumps up to about 20-22 psi at higher rpm. I am not sure what is causing it, I never took the time to figure it out yet. It is pretty fun to drive as is and handles great. I did a basic tune with the MAFT and SAFC with a wideband in but could use a better tune. It is fine to drive around as is though.
-Check engine light flashes off and on every once in awhile
-passenger side door needs new weather stripping tends to leak sometimes when it rains not a hard fix

Clean Title (comes with some paperwork from previous owners work and original window sticker from dealership and the matching key ring badge
Engine replaced with rebuilt engine w/ 50,000 miles
New Timing belt, components, and water pump all replaced 15,000 miles ago
GVR4 Tranny shifts good little notchy when cold in second but nothing bad at all
XTD Stage 2 6 puck and pressure plate 5,000 miles
New front axles
EVO 560cc injectors
3in GM MAF w/ MAFT (I extended the MAFT into the center console of the cabin for easier tuning)
New battery SEP 09
FP manifold 5000 miles
Evo III 16g (not ebay) w/ 15,000
ETS Intercooler and piping kit 5000 miles
90 DSM oil cooler setup
Still has PS and AC (the ac needs to be recharged, I haven’t done it since I put the new motor in but worked fine prior to engine install)
Konig wheels (not sure what type) 16’s good tread
1G DSM KYB AGX’s all the way around with H&R springs I believe
5 lug swap with new pads in the front
3 bolt LSD rear end
3in downpipe, and full 3 in straight pipe to HKS carbon TI muffler
4WS removed and plugged at the rack
ABS sensors removed (the box is still in the front)
Autometer boost gauge
SAFC 1
DSM shortened shifter with leather shift boot
1G DSM Steering Wheel
Walbro 255 in tank pump

I am attaching my build thread also for reference. Price is at $3300 (was at $4000). I might be down with trades for other cars or parts. If you are interested pm me and I will get back with you as soon as I can.

Build thread --> http://www.galantvr4.org/ubbthreads/sho ... art=1&vc=1

Last edited by Damills on Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:45 pm 

Sold

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:51 pm 

that was your car David? i saw a green Galant on the freeway with no front bumper and a huge IC and i gave him a thumbs up all i got in return was a mean mug lol thats ok tho. He prolly thought i was driving a honda hence the drety look

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:42 pm 

no wasnt me... I have never driven the galant around without a front bumper on it.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]