4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:54 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:20 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

I am too lazy to post all the info but I will copy the link to my other thread. For $1000 you get it how it sits, for $500 I pull the engine/tranny and it goes as a roller. I have been getting some interest in parting it out so if it doesnt sell in a week or so I will be parting it out. So let me know if you need something off the car and I will put you on a list for dibs.

http://www.galantvr4.org/ubbthreads/sho ... =0&fpart=1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:26 pm 
Owner/Admin

what about fixing it up? or you just lost the will to do the upkeep a vr4 :(

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:30 pm 
Owner/Admin

funny thing is I have the carpet, front bumper,speaker grills,center consel,and all for door covers for it I might have to buy this car let you know in a bit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:14 pm 

I honestly just lost interest in it. i am nearing completion of my colt build and i just bought an EVO that needs Dyno tuned. I have 6 cars right now and this is not a priority for me I got it and it sat for the last 6 months or so. i just pulled the ETS kit off it for my other VR4. I have all those parts that you listed already and they come with the car. And BTW upkeep of 5 DSM's is not fun or cheap..... :rolleyes: i also just pmed you back

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:22 pm 
Owner/Admin

Quote:
I honestly just lost interest in it. i am nearing completion of my colt build and i just bought an EVO that needs Dyno tuned. I have 6 cars right now and this is not a priority for me I got it and it sat for the last 6 months or so. i just pulled the ETS kit off it for my other VR4. I have all those parts that you listed already and they come with the car. And BTW upkeep of 5 DSM's is not fun or cheap..... :rolleyes: i also just pmed you back
what would it take to get the car up and running again -parts wise?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:33 pm 

The hydro tensioner needs to be removed and replaced (i have a new one). The timing is off a tooth, but the new engine was never ran. I started to change the tensioner but only got to as far as removing the accessory belts, motor mount, and timing covers. It honestly just needs random stuff done on it. It was someones project that was pretty much bolted in and not completed. Like fuel rail reinstalled, ecu, axles, transfer case installed, IC piping and IC installed (i have the stock IC setup still I believe). I have everything mechanical to make it run again i believe. It has clean title and is definately able to be put back together. I have almost everything for the interior. It was being stripped by the previous owner. I have lots of interest in parting it which I am kinda sad to do being it is totally rust free and clean title but whatever makes it sell. I am going to try to sell it as a whole for the next week or so but then will be most likely parting it out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:31 pm 

OT, but if you're looking to sell the AWD expo in your sig on the galant board, please let me know. I sold my 95 AWD 5spd summit a while back and wish I wouldn't have.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:51 pm 

I might be i dont know yet.....I am going back and forth on doing the swap. I have everything to do it and make it a beast but I dont know if it is a project i want to take on right now. I will let you know as soon as I figure it out. I just want to finish my colt!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:37 pm 
Some call me a god

welcome to the evo club david! how do you like it so far? sucks you have to part out the vr4, it looks pretty clean

http://www.4g61t.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18146

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:53 pm 

I love it! I need to take it down to the bay and get it tuned though... I bought the 03 GSR that was on Evo Empire from elliot for 13k. For the cars condition and upgrades I think I got a superb deal. Yeah it does suck to might have to part but whatever I have too many projects. My main and only focus right now is finishing my colt and getting the evo tuned. I will always love the galants though...I have had 3 in the last year :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:18 pm 
Owner/Admin

My buyer for my 90 eclipes fell threw,So it doesnt look like I can get this. :x if you want my parts to finish it LMK :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:36 pm 

sold!

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]